14. You are a Treasure

Adrian didn't trust himself. His hands almost vibrated with the need to touch her. It was much worse than the night she first summoned him. He'd had no outlet for what she was doing to him and he was at the point of combustion. 

"We can't keep meeting like this," she whispered against his lips and he could almost taste her smile.

        "You summoned me," Adrian replied before he leaned forward to capture her lips into another kiss. He was an active party to his own downfall.

        "I'm sorry, I'm treating you like a booty call," she said and took a few steps away from him. 

        She ran her fingers through her hair. That flash of white caught his attention and he frowned.

        "Booty call?" Death asked with a raised eyebrow.

        Cupid erupted with laughter. The indelible sound reverberated through his ribcage and pierced his heart. He would never forget that effervescence. Even though he knew she was laughing at him, he couldn't help but join her. Love was infectious.

        "I'm sorry. The words just seem funnier when you say it," she said as way of explanation. Geneva took his arm and drew him away from the wall. She gestured to the bed and he eased down onto it, remembering the last time he was here. 

        "Well, separately, I understand them. A booty is a treasure. A pirate's booty. And a call is what you do when you have social visits to friends, acquaintances, or lovers. When the words are together, that's where I'm lost," he babbled. Adrian was glad that his voice was strong and steady but he was horrified by the asinine things that were falling from his lips. 

        "I suppose there's some vague connection," she replied, not in the least bit put off by his rambles. "A social visit to your treasure," she added as she picked up clothes from the ground. 

        Adrian stiffened. She'd worn a shapeless short sleeved pink and blue shirt that came down to her very lovely thighs. And though it wasn't as alluring as the satin she'd worn before, it was sexy enough without all the effort. Which might be why he thought it was sexier. He'd been able to contain himself when he saw her. Mostly. But when she bent over in his direct line of view, he realized that she hadn't worn anything underneath. 

        He hardened completely, painfully, in his breeches. 

        "You are a treasure," he murmured huskily and watched as Geneva rose, with an armful of laundry that she dumped into an armchair.

        "What?" She asked him. Surprise freezing her.

        A rush of adrenaline emboldened him and he stood from her bed. He grabbed two fistfuls of the comforter and dragged it off the mattress. He heard her protest to his strange actions but he ignored them, wanting only one thing in that moment. Adrian wrapped the blanket around her body and in almost the same smooth gesture, pulled her into his body and leaned down so that he could kiss her thoroughly. 

        She felt so good in his arms. He could often think of nothing else but the feeling of her in his arms with his mouth moving over hers, with hers. It was maddening to want someone so much. To be with them so little. It wasn't quite the same but the blanket was an extra precaution. He needed her to be safe. Only then could he truly enjoy embracing her against his body.

        When her body sagged against his, Adrian pulled back. His heart crashed wildly into his ribs and he thought that he'd accidentally touched her with his hand.