Chapter 4

"Worthy." Everyone turned to see a disembodied android like sculpture, limping towards us. "No. How could you be worthy? You're all killers."

"Stark." Steve says.

"Jarvis." Tony calls for his AI system.

"I'm sorry, I was asleep. Or I was a-dream."

"Reboot Legionnaire OS. We got a buggy suit." Tony instructs Jarvis.

"There was this terrible noise. And I was tangled in...in...strings. I had to kill the other guy. He was a good guy."

"You killed someone?" Steve asked.

"Wouldn't have been my first call. But, down in the real world, we're faced with ugly choices."

"Who sent you?" Thor asked.

The figured turned it's head and a recording of Tony's voice played, "I see a suit of armor around the world."

My dad figured out what it was straight away, "Ultron."

"In the flesh. Or, no, not yet. Not this chrysalis. But I'm ready." Everyone started to prepare themselves for a fight. "I'm on a mission."

"What mission?" Natasha asked.

"Peace in our time." As it finished two of Mr. Stark's Legionnaire suits came bursting through the walls beside it. Steve flipped the table with his foot to stop one from hitting him, while everyone else hid behind the couches. Maria shot at another while Thor knocked it away with Mjonir. Another knocked Tony into a book shelf causes him and the shelf to fall to the ground. Ultron shot at Rhodey, sending him flying back into a window and falling onto the balcony below. 

Thor knocked another one down while Clint slid under a table. My dad grabbed onto Natasha and flipped them both behind the bar moments before getting blasted. Meanwhile, one started to come at me but I stopped it and started to crush it like a can, without touching it. Afterwards, I ducked behind the counter with my dad and Natasha. Natasha grabbed a gun she'd stashed under the bar and started to shoot at the suits.

My dad, Ms. Romanoff and I bolted for the stairs as the rest of the team struggled to keep Stark's tech in check. After all, they couldn't afford my dad turning green right now. 

"That was dramatic." Ultron said once all the suits were down. "I'm sorry, I know you mean well. You just didn't think it through. You want to protect the world but you don't want it to change. How is humanity saved if it's not allowed to evolve? With these? These puppets." It said as it picked up part of one of the broken Legionnaire's. "there's only one path to peace. The Avengers' extinction." As he finished Thor whipped his hammer at the figure and it went flying back into the wall, smashing into pieces.

"I had strings, but now I'm free." It quoted before dying out. After taking a second to let everything sink in, we moved up to Tony's lab.

"All our work is gone. Ultron cleared out. He used the Internet as an escape hatch." my dad explained.

"He's been in everything. Files, surveillance. Probably knows more about us than we know about each other." Natasha added.

"He's in your files, he's in the Internet. What if he decides to access something a little more exciting?" Rhodey suggests.

"Nuclear codes." Maria says.

"Look, we need to make some call assuming we still can." Rhodey said.

"Nukes? He said he wanted us dead." Natasha said.

"He didn't say "dead." He said "extinct." Steve said.

"He also said he killed somebody." Clint pointed out.