Chapter 31

Tony and Steve shared a look before making their way over to me. We had a very long argument about what the next move was gonna be which ended when I set myself on fire to show my feelings on the situation.

"Okay, okay. Calm down, Mr. Green Christmas." Tony said waving his hands as if to brush off the fire.

"Look, you two fighting has caused a lot of problems. Not only am I stressed about you two putting the other in the hospital but you creating sides has now put a dent in my relationship with Wanda and we are fighting a lot more than I would like to. Now I have recently regained the memories of my brother and I have to hear from FRIDAY that when you found your life long bestie, Mr. Longlocks over there while I was in a coma, you found my brother too. And I get that at the time you felt he was irrelevant because no one knew who he was but now after all these months of me tearing myself apart trying to figure out what is going on with him, you two just sat there and stared like you knew nothing." By the time I finished the flames that I had started as a warning had grown a few feet as my tolerance for the situation lessened.

"Y/n, calm down before you set something else on fire." Steve said trying his best to calm me down as always. 

"I can't!" I yelled. But soon my flames went out and I dropped to my knees defeated. So many emotions were flooding in, I just couldn't take it anymore. Steve and Tony both dropped to their knees by my side and took me in a hug. Steve whispered in my ear about how everything was going to be okay but I continued to sob. The sound of rushing footsteps flooded over Steve's words and soon I felt more arms wrap around me. Someone pulled off my glasses and pulled down my mask but I wouldn't dare open my eyes. 

Their hand brushed away my tears and a pair of soft lips kissed my forehead. "Hey, hey. Y/n, it's gonna be okay. We're here." Wanda voice came as her soft hands cupped my face.

~//~//~

"You'll be okay, it's just a small cut." my dad said as he placed a band-aid over the small cut on my temple. 

"Yeah, after a couple years of therapy. You'll be good as new." Tony said jokingly as he placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Tony, leave her alone." Steve said coming up next to him.

"Do you want me to make an appointment with Dr. Mendel?" my dad asked.

"Wait seriously? Kid, you know I was just joking right?" Tony explained.

"Yes, Tony. Unlike these old geezers, I know when your serious or not." 

"Old geezers?" Steve questioned.

"Ouch." my dad laughed.

"I'll be fine, Dad. It wasn't that serious."

"A year ago, you got kidnapped by a god who was in the midst of destroying New York. I'm sorry if I'm a little worried about my daughters mental health." 

"Like you said, she's your daughter. She's a Banner. You may be awkward and horrible at flirting but you're strong, determined and stubborn." Tony said and ruffled my hair.

"What do you mean, bad at flirting? I can flirt!" I said defensively.

"Maybe you can but Bruce..." Steve trailed off. "not so much."

"And how would you know that? I don't even try to flirt with anyone." my dad said in his defense. I was going to say something but it was said for me as Thor walked into the room.

"Really? Not with anyone?" Tony laughed which Steve and I joined him in.

"W-that-I-you- Natasha!" My dad ran out of the room to find Natasha.

"Nat, don't tell him anything!" I yelled after him knowing that she would tell him what was on all of our minds.

"Did I miss something?" Thor asked.

"Nah, we were just telling Bruce how bad he is at flirting." Tony said.

~//~//~

When you're wrapped in the arms of the people you love, you should feel safe and loved and cared for. But at this moment, even with the old memories, nothing felt safe. I had stopped the fighting, for the moment, but it's inevitable that the fight will play out. Maybe this time it'll be less physical but one way or another The Avengers are gonna break. And there's nothing me or anyone can do about it.

"I need to know," I said taking my head out of Wanda's shoulder.

"Y/n-" Steve started.

"No excuses." I stared at him, tears still trickling down my cheek. "Please. He's the only family I have left."

He and Tony shared a look before they looked at me. "Okay." he said. He stood up and held out a hand to me. I took it and he pulled me up with him.

 As soon as I was standing Wanda intertwined her fingers with mine while my other hand still gripped onto Steve's. They both squeezed my hands and gave me reassuring smiles. Then, Steve started walking, Wanda and I being pulled along with him. It took me a minute before I figured out what we were walking to...Bucky.

When we approached him, he looked confused. "Steve, what's going on?" he asked.

Steve looked down at me then back to Bucky. "We have some things we need to discuss."

"And the fight?" he asked looking over Steve's shoulder to the group of people who were still standing where we left them.

"Not today. There are more important matters." Steve looked at me again and smiled. Bucky continued to look confused. Steve sighed before speaking again. "Bucky. This is Y/n Banner." Bucky's eyes widened and he looked down at me, then back to Steve. "Y/n, this is Bucky Barnes."

~//~//~

Did I just rant to my cousin about how absolutely amazing this girl from my class is? Yes, yes I did. Because this girl is just so...AAAHHHHH...you know what I mean? And I mean this in a totally platonic way.