Chapter 10

The little girl giggles and continues to point at the clouds. Until, everything starts to turn to dust. The little girl is now standing in a dining room, breathing heavily, running her hands through her hair. She crying and screaming but no sound is coming from her. A man appears next to her. He has short, neat black hair. Bright brown eyes, in which all hope has been drained, and small squared glasses. He's wearing a dark purple shirt and khaki pants with black dress shoes.

"Y/n! Y/n, look at me! Look at me! It's gonna be okay. You're gonna be okay." He wraps the girl in his arms as tears stream down her face and her screams starts to sound. As if he's the only one who can hear them. Again, everything turns to dust. Now the girl is older, standing about 5'2. She's wearing a purple graduation cap and matching gown. She walks onto stage with the brightest smile, she shakes a woman's hand and takes a paper. Then, exits the other side of the stage.

Her smile drops for a moment as she basks in truth. Then she smiles again as the man comes and wraps her into a bear hug. Happy tears stream down his face as he holds her. He kisses her head and let's her go. Another girl approaches her and gives her a tight hug before letting go and kissing her on the lips. Tiny fireworks spark above their heads, until they suddenly die out. But the kiss continues for a few more seconds.

Suddenly, the sky is dark and the girls are making out behind the bleachers. They seem so happy. But they stop.

"Y/n, we-we need to talk."

Again, everything turns to dust. The girl is a bit taller and is wearing a black tux. Silent tears run down her face as she walks onto an empty beach. In one hand, a white lab coat. In the other, half full bottle of whiskey. She gathers a bunch of sticks and places them in a pile. She puts the coat in the middle and pours some of the liquor on it. She pulls a lighter out of her pocket and lights it. She stares at it for a while before tossing it aside. She brings her hand up to above her waist and looks at it. She then closes her eyes and takes a deep breath.

Her eyes open and fire ignites within her palm. She bends down and brushes her hand against the sticks setting the whole structure aflame. The fire travels to the coat and the flame becomes bigger. She stares at the growing flame as she takes a sip of the whiskey. More tears running down her face. Once she finishes the bottle she tosses it into the fire and sit down next to it. A woman appears, bright green eyes, dark reddish brown hair. Dressed in a red leather jacket and a black dress.

"May I sit?" she asks with a bit of an accent. She takes the silence as a yes and sits besides the girl. "It won't always be this way." she says. The girl turns her attention to the new girl and gives her a small smile before bursting into tears and burying her head into the nook of her neck. "It's okay. It's okay, I got you."

Lastly, an image. The little girl from the beginning with a tear stained face and blood stains on her dress. The woman from the beginning is also there. Holding her hand. In the back, a woman, a man, and a girl all drained of color. The image starts to play.

The little looks up to the tall woman and asks, "Are they happier?"

The woman with the accent walks in and kneels in front of the girl, holding her other hand. Shortly after another woman walks in, she has short red hair and is in a black dress. After her, four men walk in. All dressed in black tuxes. One with short blonde hair and blue eyes, another with long blonde hair and blue eyes. Another has light brown hair and blue eyes and the last one has dark brown hair to match his dark brown eyes.

"Are you happy?" the woman with the accent asks.

The little girl looks at her and then back at the tall woman. "What do I say?"

The tall woman finally opens her eyes. They don't match the rest of her appearance, instead of being black or pale they're a shiny gold. She looks down at the girl and says. "Your answer is for you to decide. Lying equals darkness. The truth equals light."

Then, I wake up. Panting and sweating. I look over to see Sarah asleep next to me. My mind is racing with thoughts as I try to comprehend the dream and all that happened last night.

I'm a mess.

I stood up slowly. Making sure I didn't wake her up, I grabbed my bag and snuck out. I walked of the house and checked the time on my phone.

2:45 a.m.

5 more hours until school started. I decided to walk around and see where the night would take me. New York was beautiful at night. You couldn't see the stars but the lights from the cars passing by and the lights of the building made up for it. It's not always a beautiful place to be but it has it's moments.

I walked the city for hours, my headphones playing my Think Walking playlist. Until, it was interrupted by a text notification. I stopped in my tracks and took my phone out. It was from Wanda.

Weird.

Maximoff:
Y/n, where are you? It's 5 in the morning. Are you with someone?

Me:
I'm fine?

Maximoff:
Where are you? And what's with the question mark?

Me:
I was at Sarah's I'm on a walk right now to clear my head.

The question mark is because I'm confused on why you care. You've never cared before.

Maximoff:
I'm worried because the last time you weren't here for the night you were up to no good.

Just come home please.

Me:
Okay, mom.

I shut my phone off and shoved it back into my pocket. Then continued walking. This time with a destination in mind.