Chapter 12

"10?! What are you still doing here?! You're supposed to be at school!" she yelled at me in a motherly way.

"Well, I had a certain someone hugging me like a koala does a tree." I laughed which made her blush a light pink. "Besides, it's not that big of a deal."

"I thought school was everything to you. I mean you're 16 in college."

"It's just one day." I said. "But thank you for worrying."

She replied with a smile and we just sat there staring at each other. It was completely silent but it wasn't awkward or uncomfortable, almost familiar. We made eye contact for a few minutes at least until it was interrupted by Natasha walking in.

"Oh, sorry. I thought you were at school." she said when she saw us. "I was just coming in to-"

I cut her off by pulling her into a hug. She tensed up at first but quickly relaxed into the touch. "I'm sorry." I said and she wrapped her arms around me pulling me closer into her. Natasha was always the Avenger I was closest to, other than my dad.

"It's okay." she says softly. After a few minutes we slowly pulled apart. "So, what were you guys up to?"

"Wanda had just finished worrying about me not being in school." I said and sat back down on my bed next to her.

"And why aren't you?" Natasha asked.

"Koala." I said and pointed at Wanda causing her to break out in a light blush again.

"I don't even remember falling asleep!" she exclaimed.

"What were you two doing last night?" Natasha said suggestively.

"Nat!" I yelled as a heat rushed to my cheeks. She laughed in response and held her hands up in defense. Wanda looked at us confused.

"What?" she asked. Natasha and I shared a small laugh. "Why are you guys laughing?"

"Oh, bless your innocent mind." I said placing a hand on her head.

"Why are we laughing?" a familiar voice said making us all turn our heads to my doorway. It was Tony.

"It's a secret." I said and put a finger on my lips. "Shh."

"Glad to see you in a good mood." Tony said, giving me a soft smile.

"Glad to be in one." I replied and looked at the girl slightly laughing at my side. I don't know why, but her smile just made me want to smile. I had finally found myself again after months of pain. The moment played out as if in slow motion as I looked around my room. Just a small fraction of my family. I finally realized that.

"What's going on in here?" said a deep voice approaching my room. It was Steve. "And how come you're not at school?"

"Koala." Natasha and I said at the same time.

"Enough with the koala already!" Wanda blushed and playfully pushed me causing me and Natasha to go into a laughing fit.

"Do you...?" Steve asked Tony but only got a shrug of the shoulders. "Okay...did you guys ask her?"

"Haven't had the chance." Tony replied.

"Ask who what?" I asked them.

"Well, since we have nothing better to do with our time..." Tony started.

"We planned a team game night." Natasha finished.

"And...we wanted to know if you were up for it." Steve said. I looked over at Wanda who gave me a soft smile, then I looked back at Steve.