8

Mia sighed as she hung another shirt on the sale rack, eyes raking over the pink fabric. Sometimes she wished she could break out of her habits, and wear colors other than blue, but that was absurd.

After all, why did she even work here? Because the employee uniform was blue.

Mia had only been working at Club Wi Fan for a few weeks, after her parents decided they were tired of her pining away for Huang Renjun all summer, and told her to do something useful with her life.

Working at a high end clothing boutique was not exactly what Mia would have called a dream job, but it was the best she could do.

Besides, she thought, folding a few patterned jeans. At a store as fancy as this, the pay was great.

The bell jingled as a few new voices filled the store. Mia recognized one of them instantly, and ducked behind a mannequin as a tall girl with long, black hair rounded the corner.

"I know, Wina, but think of it this way. Sure he'll be mopey for a bit, but eventually he'll move on to someone even better. Right? And then I won't have to deal with a mopey-dopey brother."

Mia stiffened. That was Huang Yun, Renjun's sister! What could he be moping about?

"I know," the girl named Wina complained. "But Jing  Yu always has also been so sensitive for his ex, I wonder if he'll ever get over her. Si Rui has to deal with it, and you know how she's pretty much in love with him, so she complains to me and then I have to listen to mopey-dopey Si Rui!"

"Okay, one, Si Rui is way too young to be in love with Jing Yu. She's younger than you, for heaven's sake!"

Oh, so they were talking about Wei Jing Yu, the other foster brother, the one who already graduated. Mia deflated a bit.

"Hey, didn't she used to shop here all the time?"

"Who?" Yun asked, scrutinizing a white halter top.

"Choerry" Wina said. "Jing Yu's ex? Maybe if we bought Si Rui some clothes from here, he'd be into her..."

"Okay, this leads me to point number two," Yun frowned. "Si Rui is Choerry's cousin. It would be so weird for Jing Yu to date his ex's younger cousin. Especially if she looked like a carbon copy of her!"

As the two girls continued their conversation, the gears in Mia's head began turning.

Jing Yu had been attracted to a girl who wore clothes from Club Wi Fan? Maybe Renjun was the same way? They were brothers, after all, and didn't similar tastes run in the family? Even foster families?

"This is cute," Yun decided finally, throwing the white top over her arm. "Hey, Wina, what do you think about a Gypsies for Halloween?"

They wandered away, and Mia began raking her eyes over the store. They didn't just sell clothes, but designer handbags, shoes, hair accessories... you could style yourself every day!

It was different from the type of clothes she wore normally, however Mia liked clothes that covered up.

She wore boots, stockings, dresses, figure-hiding sweaters - all in blue, of course.

It only made sense that Renjun didn't see her in the halls...she was practically a wallflower!

But here in Club Wi Fan - skinny jeans, fancy tops, stylish jackets. Everything popped. She could make him see her.