16

Suji stood near the top of the stairs, leaning over the railing. She could see Yeseul being dragged off the dance floor by some pirate, whom she could only assume was Yeseul's mystery beau.

Suji smiled. Yeseul deserved at least some happiness.

On the car drive over, Yeseul had told them about Hyunji's cruelty. It made Suji's blood boil. In fact, everything Hyunji did made Suji's blood boil and her vision turn red.

Suji wasn't really one for passionate emotions, but hatred was starting to worm its way into her heart.

"Your face has gone pretty sour," a familiar voice spoke beside her. "What are you thinking about?"

Suji turned. Jaemin was leaning against the rail beside her, in a large fur trenchcoat and his hair spiked and wildly ruffled.

She bit back a snort of laughter, opting for a more dignified response. "You look like Macklemore," she sniffed, turning her head to the side.

Jaemim only grinned wider. "I took your advice and stopped by a thrift store."

Now Suji really did laugh. Jaemin chuckled, and held out his hand. "Wanna dance?"

"Isn't your girlfriend going to care?" Suji arched an eyebrow. Jaemin scrunched up his nose.

"I've decided she's not my girlfriend anymore," he grumbled.

"Oh, really? Does she know that?"

"Uh-"

"Jae? Baby, where are you?"

Suji blinked, and the colour drained from Jaemin's face. He slowly began shaking his head, as Suji began to grin.

"Yes," she said.

"No," he hissed. "No! I'm not ready!"

Hyunji came into their sight, in a costume just as ridiculous as Yeseul had described.

Jaemin pulled the collar of his fur coat up, and ducked behind Suji.

"You have to do it at some point," Suji pointed out. "Ah! She sees us!"

"She's going to kill me," Jaemin moaned. "I'm never going to get out of this alive."

Hyunji was making her way towards Suji, with a smile of cruel malice on her purple lips.

Suji met her gaze with one of equal strength, and smirked as she pulled Sting out from behind her. The smile on Hyunji's face twisted into a scowl.

"What are you doing with her?" She spat, as she reached them. Jaemin gulped. Suji elbowed him. Hyunji swallowed. "You were supposed to meet me!"

"I didn't want to," Jaemin said bluntly, face still white. A look of confusion passed over Hyunji's face.

"What he means to say," Suji broke in. Clearly Jaemin wasn't going to be able to get this out, the idiot. "Is that he's breaking up with you."

"Y-yeah," Jaemin stumbled. "That."

Hyunji took a step towards him, going nose to nose. "I don't think Nana would like to hear you say that," she ground out.

Suji's earlier anger came back at her full force. Hyunji was threatening Jaemin's dog, the same way she had threatened Chenle's.

Angrily, she stepped forward and pushed Hyunji back. "You can't just threaten to kill people's pets whenever you want something," Suji said sharply. "It didn't work with Chenle, and it won't work with Jaemin, either."