Chapter 1

Monday 7:45 AM

Monday 7:45 AM

I woke up today feeling confident. For a person who has been unemployed for almost 2 months this is a rarity.

"Dude, aren't you going to get up?" Josh yelled from the other side of the door when he heard my alarm clock go off.

I currently share my apartment with friends doffs Josh and Krystian. They help me a lot since I finished nursing school. I haven't got a steady job since the end of it.

"You already," I replied. I got out of bed and went straight to the bathroom to shower and brush my teeth. Then I got dressed and went to have breakfast in Manila with the boys.

"How's your job search going?" Krys asked, taking a cup of coffee. 

"Still," I replied sadly.

" Yesterday I heard rumors that the boss is looking for a caregiver for a relative, probably an old man.", Krystian commented. 

Soon hope burned in my chest.

 "Is this serious?" I asked hopefully. 

' Of course it's you fool, I'll try to arrange an interview for you.',  Krystian replied with a mocking face.

I honestly don't know how Joalin puts up with that guy. Actually I don't know how I can stand it.

"Wow, thank you so much man;' I said. "You're welcome, darling;' he replied. "I hope you get Noah.', Josh said. "Me too," I said.

•••

09:20 AM

Everyone went to their respective jobs and as always I stayed at home lying on the sofa in the living room watching cartoons. When my cell phone started ringing. It was Krystian.

- Hello? Noah? 

"Not your mother," I replied wryly .

— You answer me correctly, you tramp, if not I won't arrange another interview for you — he replied angrily

"Sorry, but why are you calling me in the middle of your work hours?

— To say that I got you an interview today at 10:00 AM here at the company, your victim.

- What? I asked in disbelief.

— That's right you heard baby, I got the interview. Now I think you better hurry up because it's 9:20 AM and Sabina hates being late. h said, boasting.

"Oh my God Krystian, I love you, thank you so much," I said gratefully.

— Okay, now enough of the trip and will get ready for your interview.

— Okay. Thank you very much again

— You're welcome, man. 

I turned off my cell phone and went to get ready for the interview. I finished getting ready at 9:35 AM, I ran out of the apartment getting my keys, wallet and résumé.

I was super excited.

•••

09:45 AM

I arrived at the company where Krystian works running out of fear of being late. But when I looked at the clock it was still 15 minutes until my interview, so I was a little more relaxed because I wasn't late.

I was heading towards the reception desk when the elevator opens and Krystian comes out of it to meet me. 

"Geez, you came fast;' Krystian said, impressed. 

'I know, I didn't mean to make a bad impression. I said in a joking tone. 

Laughing Krys told the receptionist to authorize my entry. She authorized it and we went upstairs. 

We arrived at the tenth floor, and when we left the elevator we came across a super elegant waiting room. I was admired with such elegance. 

Damn this woman is filthy rich I thought

"Sorry, it's just so beautiful," I said.

"I know," he replied, "Sabina is filthy rich.

I sat down in one of the armchairs there and Krystian went to talk to Sabina's secretary about my interview.

After five minutes of silence and a lot of nervousness at least for me. Why Krystian was almost asleep in the armchair.

The secretary said:

"Mr. Urrea, Miss Hidalgo is waiting for you. Good luck," she said with a friendly smile.

"Good luck, man," Krystian said. 

"Thanks;' I thanked, getting up from my chair. 

I was so nervous I felt my legs tremble. 

"You can get Noah;' I muttered to myself as I knocked on Sabina's office door. 

"Come on in", she said from inside the room. Hands shaking, I turned the knob, opening the door 

Hands shaking, I turned the knob, opening the door.

Looking into the room I saw a beautiful woman with black hair and brown eyes sitting in a chair behind the table. 

She looked at me and smiled.

'Sorry to make an appointment at the last minute because my schedule this week is incredibly full.', Sabina said.

" All right"

"Sit down Mr. Urrea, I'm Sabina Hidalgo," she said, reaching out for a squeeze.

"Noah;' I said, squeezing his hand.

Letting go of my hand she asked, "Do you have experience in the caregiver field?"

- No, but I have a degree in nursing, I can guarantee that I will take care of your father very well.

- My dad? she asked confused. But then he made an expression that he understood what I had said.

'Oh no, it's not my father you're going to take care of, it's my little sister. Shivani. She was in a car accident about three months ago and ended up blind. She was in a coma for two months and as a result her muscles atrophied and she is in a wheelchair. 'she said sadly.

"Oh, I'm sorry I didn't know. I said feeling guilty". ' All right. ' she said. 

We spent a few seconds in awkward silence but then she broke it by totally changing her behavior and scaring me.

"Dude, I'm going crazy, this week my sister already fired the fourth caregiver," she said desperately.

And I nodded a little startled by his behavior change.

"Krys tells me you're a trustworthy guy as well as being a nurse, so I think you can take a test week and we'll see if she doesn't fire you during it," she said with a wan smile.

"I accept,' he said quickly, "I'll give you my best Miss Hidalgo." 

" Only Sabina please"

"Ok Sabina "

'Thank you so much Noah, I'll wait for you at this address ,' she said handing me a card.

I left the room exhaling the breathe I didn't even know I was holding in and saw Krys waiting for me.

'How was it?', He asked.

"I'll have a test week baby."

'You did it man.', He said patting me on the back

To Be Continued....

...