Chapter 6

Friday

Friday

05:00 AM

I couldn't sleep at all today, I'm too embarrassed to talk to Noah. I had never slept with a man before, I always respected my motto.

Career as an artist first, relationships later.

And now even if I wanted a relationship I wouldn't have it. Who wants to be with a blind woman? I should have enjoyed my life while I was still good for something.

07:30 AM

I hear someone opening the door.

"Why are you awake?" Sabina asks, finding it strange.

- I could not sleep. I say tiredly.

- Why? she asks, sitting up in bed.

"I spent the night thinking about Noah," I say, sitting up in bed, "and that's not the way you're thinking, I'm just ashamed of him.

"Because you're ashamed of him, it's normal to sleep with someone you barely know." Unless you've never had sex with anyone.

I'm sure my face is on fire now.

"OH MY GOD," she says, yelling in my ear, "YOU'RE JUST A BABY," she screams, squeezing my cheeks.

"Fuck off Sabina. I say taking his hands off my face.

- It's just that you're so cute. - speaks in a thin voice.

"When it happens, let me know," she says excitedly.

- Never gonna happen. Who will want to be with a blind person like me? I say, cringing.

"Hey," she says, holding my face. "Don't ever say that again, hear me!?

You are wonderful, beautiful, talented and so much more. When you love Shiv, the only thing that matters is what you feel and not the outside of you. Even if you can't see who you love, you can feel it both physically and through love, understand me, when you love what matters is just what exists between the two of you, nothing more than that.

"Okay," I say sadly.

...

08:03 AM

I've already done my personal hygiene, I've had breakfast, my vitamins, and nothing from Noah.

"Hey Shiv, I think I need to get laid," Sabina says out of nowhere.

- And you say that fair to me?

Ah I do not know. Where's your boyfriend who never arrived huh? says Sabina.

"I don't know and he's not my boyfriend. I say irritated.

The doorbell rings.

"He's finally arrived." says Sabina, getting up. I'm already late.

"Bye Sabina." Have a great day. I say goodbye.

- Bye to you too, and oh before I forget, use a condom, see!? she says leaving the room and heading towards the door. 

Stop stuffing the bag, Sabina. I say rolling my eyes.

Then I hear Noah's voice and then the door closes.

'Good morning," Noah says.

"Good morning,"I say, my cheeks burning.

-All right? he asks nervously.

"Everything with you?" I ask nervously.

I'm fine. he replies, still nervous.

After that we spent at least 10 minutes in awkward silence.

"Okay......I...I'm sorry about yesterday, I...shouldn't have done that," he says super nervous.

- It's okay, I know you were just worried. I say nervously.

"We can forget this happened, because I can't even look at your face without remembering. - he said.

"What were we really talking about?" I don't even remember anymore," I say playfully.

Hilarious Shivani, Hilarious . Me here dying of shame and the lady making fun. he says smiling.

- Relax, it's okay, I've even forgotten. I say smiling.

"What do you want to do now?" he asks.

- I don't know, I don't do anything. I say smiling.

"How about we get to know each other better?" he asks.

'Okay. So tell me more about yourself. - I speak interested.

"Well, let me see," he says, thinking, "I remembered. When I was younger I had a band.

You? A band? How did they put up with you? I say laughing.

- Wow, thanks for the part that touches me. he says, offended.

"Sorry you talk too much. I say laughing.

And so we talked all afternoon until Sabina came home from work to fill my bag again.

I think I made a new friend. Not that I have many.

To be continued...

...