Chapter 5

07:35 AM

07:35 AM

I was desperate to go home, I didn't want to talk to Shivani if it was possible to even see her.

I'm leaving the room and heading towards the living room.

"Hi," Sabina says, coming out of the kitchen with a cup of coffee. And giving me a scare. - why the rush?

- I just wanted to see if you had arrived, I'm dying to go home. I say, making an excuse.

"Relax Noah, I know she was scared during the night," she says, drinking her coffee.

I look at her in surprise.

She just laughs.

Did she see? How long has she been home?

"I...uh...no," I stammered, not knowing what to say.

"Okay," she said, sitting down on the couch, "she feels right next to you."

- I'm glad to hear that. I thought she couldn't stand me.

"And can't stand it, at least according to her." But that's just a front, before the accident she wasn't like that, I think that's just a way to make her feel safe.

"Um," I say, paying attention to what she's said.

"Why was she so scared by the thunder? I ask trying to change the subject.

When she had the accident, it was raining really hard, the road was smooth, so her car ended up skidding on the road, then flipping over and over again, she told me that the last thing she heard before she blacked out and went into a coma for two months was thunder. she say sadly.

"Wow, I don't know what to say.

- It's been very difficult for her, especially getting used to all this. she says getting up. "You can take the day off today if you want."

"Sure," I reply quickly.

She laughs.

- No need to be embarrassed, I know you were just trying to calm her down. she says putting a hand on my shoulder.

"An...I think I'd better go home. Thank you Sabina, bye. I say running to the mansion door.

"Bye, Noah. she says leaning against the doorframe watching me hastily pull my car keys out of my pocket.

I get in the car and go straight home.

I still don't know where I'm going to get the courage to talk to her.

...

08:00 AM

I just got home and now I'm having breakfast with the boys until I hear a scream coming from the living room.

"Krys, love of my life, I'm home.

It was Joalin.

Krys jumps up from her chair and runs into the living room.