3|

~

~

As soon as she entered the ballroom, Elena was swarmed by a group of men, circling her and trying to grab her attention. She managed to escape and decided to greet properly each guest individually... accompanied by her mother.

𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧

"I heard you spoke three languages, Miss Bennet." Lord Weaver stated.

"You are correct, my lord." Elena answered.

"And she's learning a new one, too."
Her mother added.

𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧

"I envy you, Miss Bennet. I too always wanted to travel around Europe." Lord Evans awed.

"Then what is stopping you, My Lord?"

"Nothing, actually."

"Perhaps you can discuss it over at tea, one day." Lady Bennet added again.

𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧

"May I just say, you look heavenly this evening, Miss Bennet."

"You are too kind, Sir."

𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧

"Must you follow me the whole night, mama?" Elena asked in annoyance as her mother tagged along with her. "I believe I can handle myself."

"If you think I am going to leave you alone, then you are completely out of your mind." Lady Bennet replied and suddenly stopped walking.

Elena looked at her mother confused until she saw the two people standing in front of them. There stood Viscountess Bridgerton with her little Hyacinth.

There was an awkward silence as Lady Bridgerton and Lady Bennet gave each other a glare as they held onto their children.

"Lady Bridgerton." Anastasia broke the silence as she greeted her. "So nice of you to come to our ball. It means very much to my dear Elena." She said with a fake smile as she looked at her daughter.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world, Lady Bennet. Thank you for the invitation." The Viscountess replied with the same tone as Anastasia.

"My husband sent the invites."

Lady Bridgerton ignored Lady Bennet and turned her gaze to Elena. "Miss Bennet, hello. It is such a pleasure to finally meet you." She greeted the young girl with a genuine smile.