4|

~

~

Elena was now heading to the Danbury ball with her mother and her 2 older siblings. She sat in the carriage next to Arthur, while Lady Bennet and Elizabeth sat in front of them.

"My task this season is to find my sisters a good husband. It is not to find myself a wife, mother." Arthur told his mother as she asked the same question for the thousandth time.

"Yes, find us a good husband. And how did that go last season?" Elizabeth teased her brother, who gave her a deathly glare.

Lady Bennet shook her head. "All I'm saying, dearest, is that you could take some time for yourself. Your father could help Lizzie and Lena to find a good husband."

"Father is always busy working in his office, mama." Arthur said. "It is my duty as an older brother to guide my sisters in the right path. I shall stay with you both the whole season." Arthur told Elena and Elizabeth.

"yayyyy." Elena cheered sarcastically.

𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧

As Elena entered Lady Danbury's home, all eyes were on her and her family. She started to feel a little uncomfortable with everyone staring at her so she tightened her grip around Arthur's arm.

Arthur noticed so he whispered to her ear. "Do not worry, just breathe." He assured her with a soft smile.

"Everyone is staring as if I entered the room without any clothes." Elena muttered as she gave an unnoticeable glare at everyone in the room.

But soon the attention was on someone else. Daphne and her family suddenly entered the room and now all eyes were on them. Elena felt relieved as this was her chance for her to peacefully get herself a drink.

On the other hand, Lizzie was already used to people eyeing her, but she still kept close to her mother as they walked around the room. "They're all staring, mother." She whispered to Lady Bennet.

"Allow them to come to you, dearest." Lady Bennet replied as she warmly smiled to the guests. "Now that your brother's attention is on your sister, this is your chance to finally get a husband. Look, there's Lord Weaver. Come." She tugged her daughter by the arm as she started walking towards the man.

"No, mama, not him." Elizabeth refused but her mother was stronger than her.

Elena was finally able to get herself a drink. She had to stop many times on her way to the bar since many people wanted to have a conversation with her, she kept politely ending the discussion. The young Bennet girl now stood in the corner of the room with her drink, examining everyone in the room.

"Well, well, well..." She turned around as she heard a voice from behind. "If it isn't our dear Elena Bennet. You certainly haven't changed at all." Simon said as he approached Elena with a smirk.