7|

~

~

"Everything is going perfectly!" Lady Bennet gushed.

It was the morning after the ball and the whole Bennet was gathered together having breakfast.

"Lizzie had danced 3 times with Lord Watson last night and Lord Hawthorn couldn't leave Lena's side for a second." She explained every little detail to her husband. "If everything goes well, we may have 2 weddings this season, William! 3 maybe even, if Arthur could put in a little effort."

The eldest Bennet glared at his mother as the youngest one let out a small laugh.

"Now, next season I'll be making sure you two become as great as your siblings." Lady Bennet said to Thomas and Isabella.

"Oh, mama, please, don't start pressuring them. You already have enough stressed children." Elena complained as she took a bite of her bread.

"Do you know what's better than having a successful heir, Lena?" Lady Bennet asked her daughter. "Five successful heirs."

"A letter addressed to Miss Bennet, ma'am, from the Duke of Delmore." A maid handed a letter to Elizabeth and she stared at it excitedly.

Lady Bennet let out a small gasp. "Praise the Lord. We're saved." The rest of the children laughed at their mother's reaction. "Hurry up and open it, Lizzie! Make haste!"

Elizabeth opens the message and reads it quickly.
"He has invited me to dine with him and his whole family!" She exclaims.

"Oh, goodness!" Lady Bennet exclaimed as well. "Ms. Davis!" She called for her maid. "Prepare Ms. Bennet's finest dress from her wardrobe. She shall need to make the best first impression."

Elizabeth and her mother immediately stand up from their chairs and rush towards Elizabeth's room.

"Wait for me!" Isabella quickly finishes her food and chases after them, leaving Elena with the men of the family.

"And how are you this morning, my flower?" Lord Bennet asked his daughter.

"Quite well, thank you." She replied. "Might I go promenade with Arthur, papa?" She asked.

"What, why?" Arthur frowned at her.

"Very well." Lord Bennet answered without even looking up from his newspaper.

"I don't want to go promenade."

"Yes, you do. Now get up." Elena said as she pulled him by his arm, forcing him out of the dining room.