10|

~

~

The morning after her family's ball, Elena had woken up pretty early. Though the maids were already awake, she stayed in her room lying on her bed until Miranda came to fetch her. Something kept her awake the other night. As she tried to sleep, the feeling of Benedict's touch came back to her mind. She couldn't sleep.

When Miranda came into her room, she immediately started preparing Elena for the day. "Somerset house is beautiful place, miss. I'm sure you will love it." Miranda said as she styled Elena's hair. "Lord Hawthorn will be pleased to see you there."

Elena's face dropped at the name, she had completely forgotten about him, what with Benedict occupying all of her thoughts. "I heard he wouldn't be present this time."

"He is gallant, is he not?" Miranda asked with a grin. "With refined taste-"

"Stop." Elena loudly said, startling her maid.

"Was I hurting your hair, miss?" She asked, moving her hands out of Elena's hair.

She let out a loud sigh and smiled at Miranda through the mirror. "No, you were not. Apologies, you may continue."

A few moments later, Lady Bennet entered the room. "Miranda, can you leave us for a moment?" She asked coldly as Miranda nodded and stepped out of the room, leaving Elena alone with her mother.

Miranda had already finished her hair, so she was checking it in the mirror as Lady Bennet slowly made her way towards Elena's bed and sitting on it. "I couldn't help but notice you were dancing with Benedict Bridgerton, last night." Lady Bennet stated.

"Yes." Elena paused for a moment, looking at her mother through the mirror. "I was dancing with him."

"Isn't Lord Hawthorn courting you already?"

"He asked me politely to dance, mama." She said. "I couldn't have said no after what happened last time. I am still a lady, after all. Isn't that what you want me to be?" She asked her mother as she turned around to face her.

Lady Bennet had a cold look on her face as she glared at Elena. She was well aware that something was going on between the bridgerton boy and her but didn't have enough proof. Lady Bennet sighed as she stood up and kissed Elena's forehead.

"We will be leaving shortly."

𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧

Inside Somerset house, The Bennet family entered the large room covered in marvellous paintings by various artists. The whole family rushed to the new room as Elena stayed a bit behind. She looked up at the ceiling as she walked, taking her time to admire the art around the room since she's never been to somerset house, unlike her siblings.