6|

~

~

Penelope strolled along the streets with her 2 good friends while listening to Eloise complain something about being an independent woman.

"Penelope?" Isabella called as she noticed her friend looking down. "You've been awfully quiet listening to Eloise talk. Are you well?" She asked.

Penelope, who's in between her friends, grabs their arms and brings them closer, making sure no one could hear them. "I know someone with child." She whispered.

"Is it your mama?" Eloise guessed. "Is she not advanced in age?"

"I mean I suppose your father should still want a boy—" Isabella started talking but Penelope cut her off.

Penelope rolled her eyes at the girls' cluelessness. "It is not Mama. It is a maid."

"Which one of your maids is married?" Eloise asked.

"She is not married." Penelope answered.

"How did she become with child if she's not married?" Isabella asked with a puzzled face.

"I do not know, but I will find out."

"You must!" Eloise exclaimed.

"Otherwise, how can we make sure it never happens to us? We have accomplishments to acquire." Isabella said worried.

𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧

"Concentrate, Thomas!" Arthur scolded his brother after he had beaten him in fencing, again. It seems that Thomas was getting a little distracted lately.

"I'm sorry! It's just that my mind has been wandering off recently." Thomas rubbed his forehead.

"Perhaps you're thinking about Eloise Bridgerton a little too much." Elena teased, releasing another arrow. A small tint of pink appeared on Thomas' face.

The Bennet siblings were all out in the backyard together. Their parents were off on a business so they decided to spend some quality time together.

"Lena, don't tease your brother." Elizabeth told her, keeping her eyes on her book.

Elena rolled her eyes at her before grabbing another arrow and placing it on her bow. She was about to release until Isabella came running into the backyard out of breath.

"How does a lady come to be with child?" Isabella nervously asked causing Elena to miss the target and hit a tree. She turned to her sister and walked towards her with a shocked face as her other siblings did the same.

"Isabella, what a question." Elizabeth said, shocked by her sudden outburst.

"I thought one needed to be married!"

"From where is this curiosity coming from, sister?" Elena asked.

"Is it even a requirement?!"

"Isabella, that is more than enough!" Elizabeth scolded and immediately went back to reading her book while the others stood awkwardly beside their little sister.