THIRTY

"how?! how can you say that?!" drew stood, angered by what she said. "because drew i care about you. i care about you so much that it fucking scares me" lemon responded matching his tone. drew sits back down to digest what she had just said. after a few minutes silence lemon speaks up again "its hard for me to fully trust what you say, not because of you, but because of me, what i have gone through in the past. its not as simple as you want it to be"

"but it could be lemon" he sat up and grabbed her hands, hope in his eyes

"but it isn't. you don't understand but i can see it...you don't want me because you love me, you want me because i'm taken. you want what you can't have. that's why you are only telling me the 'truth' now"

"lemon you're wrong" drew sat up even more, trying to make her believe his words. "you said it yourself, you care about me so fucking much it scares you, you love me lemon."

"drew, i just can't-"

"yes you can! lemon, it's me or him"

"you or him?! are you giving me a fucking ultimatum right now?! are you fucking kidding me drew starkey?! after all this talk about how you have matured and changed, you go ahead and show how you are the same guy. you don't care about me, you care about winning, having what you want!"

"you don't get it lemon. you either break up with him, or you forget about me. i can't be around you knowing i can't have you the way i want, that you aren't willing to even try with me because you rather feel secure with some mediocre guy"

"then i guess i'll just forget about you" lemon said standing up and grabbing her now empty wine glass. 

"we've been gone not even two hours and you've finished a bottle of wine. never change lemon" austin said as soon as the group re-enetered her apartment. 

"i wasn't by myself" she rolled her eyes, not in the mood to joke. "did you guys get the food?"

"yeah, maddie is bringing it in" he replied just as maddie entered the apartment with chase following quickly behind. "lemon what's wrong?" maddie put the food down immediately when she sensed that lemon was in a bad mood. "holy shit maddie, how could you even tell?!" lemon raised her eyebrows. "i know you well. tell me what's wrong"

"it's nothing. i don't want to talk about it."

the next day the group, excluding lemon, had their flight back to la at 10 am. they were only able to say quick goodbyes before they left, leaving lemon alone with only her thoughts. if drew was to give her a ultimatum, he made the choice for her. forget about him? okay, that's exactly what she'll do. lemon opened her phone and blocked him on every social media she could think of, including pinterest. she then deleted his contact, put all of their pictures together in a hidden album (because she never believed in deleting pictures), and put everything he ever got her in a box in the back of her storage closet. she felt refreshed, as if she was giving herself a new start. and if that means cutting out drew, then so be it. 

@CITRUSLEMON POSTED!