THIRTY TWO

lemon was in an uber on her way to dalton's apartment from the airport. after 3 months of filming she finally had a few days off for a break. 

"dalton" lemon called out when she opened the door to his apartment

"lemon!" dalton exclaimed excitedly as he stood up from the couch. he immediately walked over to her and wrapped her in a huge hug. "i've missed you so much! where are your bags?" he pulled away slightly when he realized she came empty handed. "i thought you were going to bring some things to leave here so its easier when you move in"

"i didn't know that was a plan" lemon responded, raising an eyebrow

"its what we agreed on" 

"is it what we agreed on, or what you told me to do?"

"why are you getting upset lemon, do you not want to move in with me. why wouldn't you just say that rather than dragging me along and believing you love me"

"dalton, you're being dramatic-"

"no lemon! i don't think i am! first you are lying about your history with drew so you can hang out with him, then you put your friendship with him above our relationship, and now you're not being straightforward with me and telling me if you see a future with me. give me something lemon, i need anything!"

"dalton! you can't throw something like moving in together on me when i'm across the literal fucking country and finally back to work after a long time. how would you like it if i told you i wanted to elope during playoffs?!"

"well i'm asking you now, when you are in the same state as me, standing in front of me in my apartment" 

"i'm not doing this right now dalton, i'm going to see maddie" lemon rolled her eyes and headed out the door

when lemon arrived to maddie's apartment no one was home. she let herself in and sat on the couch and thought about her life. how did she go from being content in a happy relationship, to feeling trapped and lost in a relationship with a different guy? ever since she decided to cut drew out of her life, she has felt more empty, as if something was missing in her life. now lemon is not dumb, at least not always, she knows that letting drew back in her life will not solve things, but she also knows that cutting him out completely wouldn't either. 

"oh lemmy poo, you're here!" maddie yelled when she saw lemon sitting on the couch

"that i am!" lemon ran over and jumped on maddie

"i thought you were staying at dalton's?"

"i was but we got in a slight argument" lemon trailed off at the end, already knowing what maddie is thinking about her relationship. 

"it's been not even 2 hours and you are already in a fight? let me guess... it was about drew"

"haha very funny maddie" lemon said with a straight face "but no, it was about moving in together"

"oh" maddie's eyes widened in shock "in that case, i will be leaving right now, grabbing candy, our friends, and a large icee. stay right there" maddie said as she immediately grabbed her keys and left the apartment

maddie walked into rudy's apartment where jd, austin, drew, chase, and madison were hanging out. she walked in front of the tv where they were playing video games and turned it off. the boys started to complain but maddie cut them off  "okay, up and out, we are going to my apartment and hanging out with lemon."

"yeah, no thanks" drew responded and turned the tv back on

"sorry bud, but no one is on your side on this one" chase patted his back and turned the tv back off "not all of us are in the dog house and are actually on speaking terms with her"

"and none of us" rudy gestured with his arms to everyone in the room "asked her to break up with her boyfriend for us" 

"i get it guys" drew crossed his arms "i'm not saying you can't go, i'm just saying i'm not going. and chase, i think you have to actually be with someone to be 'in the doghouse', i'm full on cut out, i'm not even in the neighbor's yard behind the fence"

"bad analogy" jd said grabbing his phone "have fun playing video games by yourself"

"who said i was staying here and playing video games" drew got defensive

"the fact that you just grabbed the playstation controller" madison pointed out

"have fun sulking!" maddie yelled to him as she closed the apartment door

maddie was taking too long and lemon was getting bored. not wanting to wait any longer for maddie to get back with snacks, she door dashed some mcdonalds. hearing a knock lemon got up to answer it, "thank you- oh" she stopped when she saw it was dalton and not her food.

dalton pushed his way into the apartment  "i'm sorry but i'm done with you deciding when we talk about this, i want you to consider me for once and not force me to do whatever is convenient to you." 

"dalton i'm not forcing you to do what is convenient to me, i am giving myself time so we don't fight. the fact that you just don't understand that is insane"

"you know what is insane lemon, the fact that you just run back to your friends and drew when we have an argument"

"what?!" lemon was genuinely shocked. she didn't even know where drew was, he could be in north carolina for all she knows, and none of her friends are home.

"i want to talk about this now lemon!" he raised his voice "be honest with me right now. did you cheat on me with drew?"

"just now dalton?! it has barely been an hour and a half?!"

"no lemon! anytime! our whole relationship!" he got closer to her and raised his voice more

"how fucking dare you dalton! the nerve you have to walk into this apartment and accuse me of cheating is insane! i have told you this before and shouldn't be telling you this again, i haven't cheated on you and never would!" lemon slowed her words so she could get her point across. "i'm not going to tell you again, you need to leave"

"i'm not fucking leaving" he stood his ground. lemon went to walk by him to grab her phone but dalton grabbed her arm as she went to walk by.

"ow! stop that hurts!"

he tightened his grip to bring her closer to his face "look me in the eyes right now and tell me you don't feel anything for him" he continued to yell, despite their distance.

"chase can you grab the keys out of my purse" maddie asked, as she held two grocery bags and couldn't do it herself

"lemon's home, she should be able to open the door for us" chase responded. as the got closer to the apartment they heard and girl scream out in pain and asking someone to let go of her

"are one of your neighbors a fan of lemon? that sounded a lot like her. is she even in an action movie?" rudy rambled "you know what, it is probably pretty little liars, they had a lot of action in that show" he slowed his words when they heard a man yelling back "...that sounded a lot like-"

"dalton" maddie finished quietly, she dropped the bags and rushed to the door, followed closely by chase, austin, and jd. she opened the door to see dalton with a strong grip on lemon's arm, in her face.

the boys immediately rushed to her defense and austin tore dalton off of lemon. "do you want me to fucking kill you?!" he said as he started pushing his chest "think it's okay to grab a girl like that?!"

maddie held onto lemon as madison rushed over with rudy. "are you okay?"

"yeah, i'm fine" she looked up to see austin, chase, and jd escorting dalton to the door "dalton" she called out and everyone paused "i'm not fucking moving in with you. we're done"

dalton went to argue, but jd cut him off, "you heard the girl, get lost"