Like Old Times

I opened my door to reveal a very happy looking Adam Banks. "Wow. Uh- sorry. You...wow. Can we start this over?" He stuttered making me laugh. "What?" I asked confused on why he's acting like this. "You look great."

"I'm in a sweater and jeans. Thanks though?" I said confused. "You ready or do you need a couple more minutes to function normally again?"

"Shut up. I'm ready." He huffed as we started walking. We have an ice cream place within walking distance. I used to go there after every game with Aspen and me and Adam used to sneak out and go there.

"Y'know Banks, if you weren't such an ass I think we'd be good together again." I said out of nowhere making him perk up. "Really?"

"Yeah."

"Wow, that's funny." He said as we came in contact with the out door ice cream shop. "Why's that?" I asked looking up at him. "That's exactly what you said to me when we had our first actual conversation." He smiled while I thought back to that day. "Yeah, and look where we are now..." I sighed.

"You're still an ass." I laughed walking up to the window of the shop. "I hate you." He mumbled. "You love me." I said as we waited for the worker to take our order. "Maybe."

"What?" I asked looking at him. "I didn't say anything."

"Whatever."

-

"Mint chocolate chip? Who gets mint chocolate chip?" Adam asked shocked as we walked around. "You're one to talk. Who gets fucking strawberry ice cream? Old ladies named Bertha after winning a bingo game in the middle of the park."

"Strawberry is a good flavor. Leave me alone." He whined. "God, you sound like a baby. You're worse than you're sister. How is Claire by the way?" I asked while we kept on walking.

"Good. She said she misses you. She wants to see you before we go to California. Said she needs boy advice." He laughed shaking his head. "Boy advice? Wow. Nine years old and already has a love life? Couldn't be me."

"Can you tell me where we're going now?" I asked hopefully. "No." He said making me groan. "I hate you." I huffed crossing my arms.

I had no idea where we're going but Adam insisted that I followed him. It took awhile to convince me. This is how that conversation went:

"Come on." Adam said grabbing my hand. "Where are we going?" I asked swinging them back and forth. "Don't worry about it."

"If you're gonna murder me at least do it in a cool way. Like dangle me over a tank of hungry sharks- ooh-or even feed me to a hungry tiger. I don't care. And make sure Sophia from the third grade doesn't come to my funeral. I hate that bitch." I rambled while he laughed. "Wasn't planning on murdering you, but thanks for the ideas."

We also got stopped by some girl at the ice cream shop after ordering. This is what happened:

"Holy shit! You're Scarlett Anderson, Eden Armors player of the year!" A girl with black hair said as me and Adam finished getting our ice creams. "Uh, yeah. Hi?" I said confused. I didn't think people back home would care.

"You totally inspired me to start playing hockey. This kid at my school said it was a boys only sport, but here I am two months later captain of the schools hockey team." She smiled while me and Adam looked at her shocked. "No way! All because of me?"

"Yep. You helped a lot. I just wanted to thank you. Keep up the good work!" Someone called her over so she said goodbye and then walked off.

"Woah." I breathed out while looking at the ground. "You're awesome, Scarlett Anderson." Adam smiled. "I know, Adam Banks." I joked making the both of us laugh.

"We're here." Adam sang as we walked up to an abandoned parking garage. "No way." I gasped remembering the place.

This is where I took Adam after we snuck out the first time. "Don't just stand there. Come on." He dragged me into the building. We got in the garage and there was two skate boards.

My old one, and the one I bought for Adam for his birthday after he told me he wanted one so we could skate together. I told him he sucked at skating but I bought him one anyway. He was so happy, and almost every night we'd sneak out and I'd help practice in this garage.

"I've been practicing, y'know?" He said walking over to his board. "Is that so?" I raised my eyebrows grabbing my own board. "Every day."

"Prove it, Banks."

He pushed off and skated around, he was actually doing pretty good. I was really surprised. Last time we skated together he couldn't even last 15 seconds on the board. "And," he said skating over. "Watch this." He stood on the board and jumped up flipping the board as well. He landed back on it and looked impressed with himself.

"Holy shit, last time we skated together you didn't even wanna try to attempt that." I laughed in shock. That was a trick I showed him the first time we came here. He didn't even want to try and do it, he refused every time. "I must say, Banks. I'm quite impressed."

"Practice makes perfect, huh?"

"Guess so."

-

"Wait, you're telling me Larson actually had a crush on me in the third grade?" I laughed at what Adam was telling me. "Ever since he first saw you. It was gross. I bet he still does."

"That's funny, I had a crush on his around the same time." I shook my head and Adam widened his eyes. "Missed opportunity, I guess." I sighed jokingly. "Shut up." Adam glared at me.

"Is Banksie jealous?" I asked with a fake shocked voice. "Never." He was obviously lying which made me laugh. "Whatever you say."

-
so I kinda sorta forgot how there's supposed to be a three year gap between movies...

so let's pretend they all just magically turned 13 during the summer, because I'm stupid and didn't think about that

oops

also my parents want me to go to a hockey camp thing and im actually kinda scared