Hello Again

"I did not expect to spend the rest of my summer at the junior good will games." Larson laughed while we sat in the lobby waiting for coach and the team. "And you have yet to thank me for it." I sighed walking towards the elevator. "Thank you." He said sarcastically. "Whatever."

"So, how are you and traitor Banks?"

"There is so me and 'traitor Banks'. Not that it's any of your concern, though." I replied trying to get out of the subject. "I knew eventually he'd mess up one way or another. What'd he do?" He asked looking over at me.

"He- nothing! Do you ever stop asking questions?" I huffed snapping my head over to look at the boy. "No." He smirked giving me a wink. "I'm starting to rethink this whole thing. It's not too late I can always just say you couldn't come." I thought of a good excuse while he rolled his eyes. "That's not very nice is it?"

"When did you ever care about being nice?"

"I could ask you the same." The boy said while the elevator dinged. Coach and the team came walking out and I sighed ready for whatever complaints I was going to get.

"Scarlett. Show the team our new player." Coach nodded and I stepped back to the reveal the boy. Adam let out a scoff, "What the hell!"

"Oh, shit. This is gonna be good." Aspen laughed excitedly and Connie gave her a look. "Now is not the time."

The old ducks look at me like I was crazy. "Oh, go argue with a wall or something. Deal with it." I rolled my eyes at all of the yells. "Why him of all people?" Adam exclaimed.

I stepped closer to him and he gulped. "Why Emily of people?" I muttered raising my eyebrows and he took a deep breath before turning away. "Yeah." I walked past him into the elevator.

-

"Oh shit. I didn't think about this part. We have to dorm together." I sighed disappointedly while we walked to the room.

"Gross." We cringed at the same time.

"Why aren't you in a dorm with other people?" Larson asked making me groan. "Do you ever stop asking random shit?" He's been asking me questions since he got here, and I'm not in the right mind frame for any of them.

"No, now tell me." He demanded while starting to unpack his things. "There's been a slight problem. Nothing big. The usual." I lied sitting on my bed beside his. "Sure." He said sarcastically.

"Now, I don't give a shit what you do in this dorm. But if you touch any of my things, I'm physically kicking you out." I warned the boy who held his hands up. "Got it."

"Good."

"So, who's Emily?" He questioned after a minute. "Oh my god." I muttered putting my hands in my head. "The blonde bitch from the team, you saw her earlier probably. Real bitchy face, you gotta remember. Her face is in my nightmares." I gave the best description I could and he nodded as if he remembered. "Oh yeah. She sounds real great."

"The greatest." I smiled sarcastically.

There was a knock on the door and I got up to go and get it. "If you came here to complain-"  I began after seeing Charlie who stood there with a miserable face. "I didn't. Can you come outside to talk please?" He asked talking a glance at the boy inside.

"Fine." I sighed stepping out of the room and shutting the door. "Why him?" He questioned making me laugh dryly. "Because. I don't know." I shrugged not really knowing the answer.

"Jesse's pissed so is Fulton. Everyone else isn't that mad, just a little confused I guess."

"I figured." I shook my head before looking down at my feet. "The whole team heard about Emily and Adam. To say the least they're pretty pissed at the two."  Charlie informed me and I nodded.

"It's whatever at this point. I just want everything to go back to normal. I just never thought he'd do something that bad."

"I get it. Listen, I'll talk to the team, make sure they don't give you a hard time. If you really think Larson's a good enough player, then they should respect your choice."

"Thanks Charlie." I smiled giving him a hug. "Anytime. I'll see you later." He waved with a smile while walking away.

"What happened with Emily and Adam?" Larson asked after I walked back into the room. "Holy fuck! Can't you put two and two together? Your questions are pissing me off." I complained sitting on my bed. "You can't just bring me out here and not tell me anything. You're practically leaving me completely in the dark."

"That's the point, you don't need to know everything. Besides, you ask the most random questions."

"Why'd you even bring me here, anyway? Out of all the people, you chose me." He questioned and I thought about it. "I have no clue. I just picked up the phone and started dialing. I had just been cheated on, got a concussion, and found out my dad isn't real my dad, and my actual dad is my coach, all in one day. I just needed something to distract me, so I just called." I shrugged trying to find a good answer.

"I think you called to make Banks jealous." Larson raised his eyebrows making me roll my eyes. "Yeah, right." I said not even sure if that was true. Did I really call to make him jealous? "It's okay, I can help with that." He smirked making me wonder what he was talking about.

"I'm sure you can, but I brought you here to play hockey, and that's what you're gonna do. And you're gonna do one hell of a job too. I need you playing good or else we're in deep shit. I hope you've been practicing."

"Whatever."

-
I'm gonna be completely honest, I forget if they ever gave Larson an actual first name

I could've sworn it as Alex, so that's what I'm gonna use. If it's not, oh well. That's what it is now