Dinner

"What do we do?" Connie panicked while pacing around our dorm. We had just finished telling her what happened with Emily. "Easy. Kick her off the team. We don't need her anyways." Aspen shrugged laying back in her bed.

"We wait. The Iceland game is tomorrow afternoon and they think that they have our play book. We're gonna totally psych them out when we skate out doing completely different plays. We have the team dinner tonight, so for now we just act like we don't know anything." I explained sitting next to Julie on my bed.

"Okay, but what do we say about the book? It's obviously very important, and she's gonna know somethings up when we don't make a big deal about it going missing."  Julie pointed out and I thought for a moment while biting the inside of my cheek. Something that has become a habit whenever I'm nervous, thinking, or even just bored.

"I'll just ask her if she's seen it around any where. So it'll be like I lost it." I came up with a couple ideas just in case the main one didn't work.

"Won't she notice how coach isn't stressing about the book being missing?" Connie added in plopping onto her bed. "Who said I told him about this fake book being missing? Besides, he's too busy with that fancy rich people shit now. I'm surprised he still remembers he's our coach." I scoffed and she nodded unsurely.

Connie wasn't completely sure of this idea. Mostly because some of mine and Aspen's plans usually go to shit. But, we've thought this one through and with Julie balancing our crazy ideas out, we made it pretty far with out getting into any physical fights. Which is record breaking, by the way.

"For now lets just get ready for this dinner." Julie stood up and we all separated in parts of the dorm to help each other get ready.

-

Dinner went well. I sat in the middle of Adam and Julie, and across from Connie and Guy, who are the definition of successful couple. I've said it before and I'll say it again: if something ever happens to Connie and Guy, I will no longer believe in love.

I came close, multiple times, to telling Adam what happened earlier. But, I kept my mouth shut just like we all agreed to. I'm hoping he'd believe me, I think he would. The idea of Emily being an Iceland chick is kind of crazy, though. I don't even know if I would believe me.

Emily has been quite a problem tonight, though. Not towards me, but to Aspen and Charlie. Who, may I remind you, are no longer together. Because of Emily.

Though Aspen usually gets over stuff like this pretty easily, she's been a total mess. Much like Adam to me, Charlie was one of her first serious relationships. She's been taking it out by flirting with Luis, not like he minds though. Luis is one of the biggest flirts I've ever met. He'll aim high, miss big time, then take whatever he can get after getting shut down.

As for Adam and I, well, we're doing pretty good. Much like old times, we're almost back to normal. When I say almost, I mean not exactly like before.

Something my oh so wonderful family, and past relationships, has gifted to me is: trust issues and overthinking.

With that being that; I obviously don't trust Adam like I did before. He's giving me no reason not to, it's just that I'm too scared to let myself fall completely back into a relationship I'm not ready to resume.

I know, he knows, I feel that way and he completely understands. As much as I feel bad, you can't blame me.

But, tomorrow is the big Iceland game, my parents are coming in, and I need to focus on that.

I have to do good tomorrow. This is the first game of mine my parents have ever been to, as well as my siblings. Aspen said Bianca is coming out to watch with her boyfriend, and Miss. Conway is coming to see me and Charlie. So I'll have basically everyone watching. Great.

-

"Shit." I muttered going through my night stand. "Hey, Emily. I know we're not on the best of terms, but this is really important. I was wondering if you've seen a book that says: 'TMD Plays' on it." I acted like I was looking around while Aspen tried to hide her laugh beside Julie.

Emily looked up from her magazine, startled, and let out a shaky breath. "Uh, nope. Haven't seen it. Sorry." She shook her head quickly and went back to her magazine.

I gave the three other girls a look while they sat there with open mouths. "Oh, alright." I sighed getting into my bed.

We could all tell she was lying. I mean, even if you didn't know the current situation you'd be able to tell. What I don't get is why hasn't anyone else noticed she's acted this way towards Iceland.

The secret little waves she gives them, the small nods and smiles, her sneaking off, to their dorms no doubt. I mean come on, is everyone else blind or do I just have incredible sight?