Only Three Hours

Yesterday we skated around a bit and had a school lesson from Miss. Mackay. Now we're in the airport going to California. "God, it's so early. I miss my dog." I groaned while we waited for our plane to be called. Aspen's head fell on my shoulder, "Get off me, bitch." I nudged her head off and she woke up. "Don't touch me." She smacked my hand. "Don't touch me."

"Hey guys." Connie sighed sitting in the seat next to me. "Hey, Con. I thought you were sitting with Guy." I said confused on why she came over to us. "Yeah, what's up?" Aspen asked moving a seat over so Connie can sit in the middle of us.

"Emily. I didn't wanna assume anything, but I don't know if I like her very much. I was just sitting there with Guy and she came up and started talking to him in the middle of our conversation. At first I didn't mind but she started to just slowly cut me out of the conversation. And now Guys ignoring me." She explained and we looked over to see Guy talking to the girl.

"She's already done that with Charlie. Just ignore her." Aspen waved her hand and laid her head back. Connie rolled her eyes at the girl, clearly not satisfied with her solution.

"I'm scared. Nothing like this has ever happened before. What if this is the end of our relationship?" She turned towards me and started to ramble. "Calm down, love. You and Guy are literally soulmates.  Just talk to him, tell him how you feel. Guy would never purposely do something like that. Alright?" I smiled at the girl and gave her a small hug. "Yeah, you're right."

"How could you be so careless, Aspen?" Connie shook her head at the girl who was wrapped in a blanket, eye mask, and had a neck pillow around her neck. "It's too early to worry about shit that's not sleep or food. Come back to me at like 1pm, then I'll start to worry." She said not moving out of her comfortable position.

"Hey, guys! Do you know who you're sitting next to?" Julie walked up to us smiling. "I forgot about that. Wanna take a walk around to see who were next to?" Connie asked to me and Julie. We all knew Aspen wouldn't budge until she absolutely had to. Someones probably gonna have to carry her onto the plane.

"Yeah, let's go."

-

"Alright, I'm next to Luis and you." I smiled excitedly at Julie. "Thank God, what about you, Connie?"

"Jesse and Guy. Not bad." Connie shrugged while Bombay walked up to us.

"Alright, our plane should be boarding in a couple of minutes. I want you all to make sure you have everything you need. Find out who you're sitting next to and stick with them. I can't loose players, I guess it's a rule or something. I don't know, just behave." He shrugged walking off making us all laugh.

"Hey seat buddy." Luis smirked walking over to me. "Oh, here we go." I sighed getting ready for the long plane ride. "You're one lucky girl to have me next to you for this long."

"Is that so?" I raised my eyebrows walking away from the boy towards Julie. "This is gonna be one long plane ride." Julie sighed looking back at Luis. "You're telling me." I rolled my eyes.

"Hey." Adam smiled walking up to me. "Hi. What's up?"

"Who's you're seat buddy?" He asked looking at my ticket. "Julie and Luis." I said and he sighed. "What about you?" I questioned and before he got to answer he was cut off, "Come on seat buddy! Gotta stick together." Emily grabbed his arm pulling him away. "Ew." I cringed under my breath. "What'd you say?" She looked in my direction.

"Nothing. Good luck, Adam." I laughed shaking my head. "Boy, and I thought I had it bad." I mumbled watching Emily practically hang herself on Adam. "Well, I do have it bad!" Aspen fumed stomping up to me. "Oh, you're up now? God bless us all." I sighed trying to get her to stop yelling.

"Who was gonna tell me I'm sitting next to Charlie and fucking Goldberg! Are you kidding me? I'm pissed at Charlie and when am I not pissed at Goldberg?" She crossed her arms glaring at the two boys who looked at her nervously.

"I had tacos for dinner last night, Aspen!" Goldberg laughed making Charlie nudge his side. "I'm gonna cry." She said worriedly. Her eyes widened as our flight was called. "Pray for me." She mouthed as Charlie dragged her off and rolled his eyes at her dramatic act.

-

The plane ride isn't that bad so far. We've only got an hour left so it's pretty much almost over. I got to know Luis real well, he's not just a big flirt. He's pretty cool, but I'll never tell that to him directly. I'll never hear the end of it. And me and Julie have already decided we're best friends.

"It's only three hours." I kept hearing Aspen repeat over and over again. Her, Charlie, and Goldberg sat behind us. Adam, Emily, and Ken sat in front of us.

Every once in a while Emily would flirt with Adam and then look back at me. I don't really know what she's trying to do, but she's obviously doing it on purpose. Right? I don't care, though...

I mean it's not like we're together anyway. So why should I care? I don't.

She did it again and Julie gagged then looked at me. "If she's trying to get him she's gonna have to flirt better. I'm getting sick just watching this." She shuddered whispering to me. "Y'know I can treat you better than that?" Luis winked over to me and Adam spun around and looked at him, "What?" He exclaimed making Luis laugh.

"So I've heard. You've only told me about a thousand times." I sighed rubbing my temples. "I see you've been keeping count." He nodded. "Only an hour." I said under my breath. "Only an hour." Julie encouraged rubbing my arm.

-
i proof read this chapter, im gonna have to go back and do that to the other ones. sorry if they're bad I haven't gotten a chance to edit them yet, school is starting soon and im finishing up my summer reading.

i hope you're all enjoying the book, if you'd like to see anything or have any constructive criticism or suggestions, id love to see it!