It's All Okay

Julie stood before tossing the puck up in the air and let it hit the ground. We won? We won!

My heart feels like it's going to explode, in the best way ever, obviously. Adam and I turned to one another and gave each other the biggest hug ever, I think my bones crushed a little. "We did it!" I yelled over the deafening cheers of the crowd. "We really did it!" He shouted back.

"We won! Take that bitch!" Aspen yelled in Emily's face before she tackled me into a hug. "Super humble." I smiled shaking my head. "As always." She smirked back at me.

We all skated out onto the ice and I was first to tackle Julie onto the ground. "I'm so proud of you. You did it!" I exclaimed as we got up from the ground. "We did it." She corrected me, and though we wouldn't have won with out her, I didn't argue. It's time to celebrate.

-

We all ran into the locker room talking, cheering, yelling. I was on Aspens back getting a piggyback ride. "Onwards my noble steed!" I pointed over to my locker and she laughed before setting me down.

Dean and Fulton were chest-bumping, and throwing stuff all over the place with Ken on their shoulders. Aspen, Julie, and I were spraying everyone with the drinks that were set out for us. Connie and Guy had a celebratory kiss, and now are sitting on the bench together, watching everyone, like an old married couple.

Charlie and Adam made up and now are waving the big flag we got all over the place. Larson, Luis, and Russ are trying to make some weird three person hand shake. And Averman, Jesse, Goldberg, and Dwayne are just running all over and shouting like maniacs.

I saw Emily grab her bags and start to walk to the door. "Next time, get your own team." Aspen told her over all the yells. "And your own boyfriend." I added in and she rolled her eyes before storming out of the room.

"The bitch is gone!" I shouted and the team, plus coach Bombay, all cheered. "The bitch is dead, the bitch is dead!" Aspen chanted spinning me around in circles.

"Go and get ready guys. We're having a camp fire!" Coach yelled and we all cheered even more.

-

"Help, help! It's on fire!" Goldberg exclaimed from his spot next to Charlie after lighting a s'more on fire. "You're not supposed to light it on fire, Goldberg." Charlie shook his head while trying to put the flames out.

"I'm gonna miss you all." Julie smiled sadly from her spot next to Aspen and I. A bunch of agreements floated around until we quieted down again.

Everyone is going home for the summer so we won't see any of the new team members for awhile.

Then Dwayne started playing guitar and Averman started to sing so we all sang along, rocking back and forth.

And after a long time...I finally felt happy again. Complete, full, loved, just over all, so much better than a couple weeks ago.

Everything that happened just slowly floated out of my thoughts and they were filled with my team, the people who I call my family. I couldn't be more grateful for them.

Maybe California isn't all sunshine and beaches, for it me most definitely wasn't. The complete opposite, actually. The only thing close to sunshine I got was the feeling  of a burning hell and the closest thing I've gotten to a beach was almost drowning myself in an ice bath after our Iceland loss.

But that's besides the point, everything thing is okay now. It's all okay.

And it's going to stay that way, I just know it will.

-
omg that's it. we're done with book 2.
im so excited for book 3 i have such a good idea

i hope you all enjoyed this as much as i enjoyed writing it

i can't tell if my writing gets worse or better as the book goes on, but it's definitely not the same

but thank you so much for reading! and it would mean a lot if you can vote on each chapter or even just ones that you like to let me know that you like the book.

thank you all so much!