Note

Finished editing: December 22, 2022

Advance happy holidays!

Hello WHS is now edited! I just want to say thank you for being here. As much as possible I focused on changing the early parts of the story in order to convey the message I wanted to spread. It created a huge impact on the flow of their relationship in the following chapters.

I added three chapters because I couldn't compress my thoughts into 41 chapters. Pakiramdam ko kasi mas nag-make sense. Sinubukan ko rin huwag tanggalin ang immature parts kung meron man pati na rin ang old writing style ng narration. Regalo ko na 'yon sa batang ako. I want to remember her whenever I read this book. Hindi ko na rin gagalawin ang special chapter na ginawa ko last year. I wrote this in the hopes of that I'd find an outlet of self expression.

Religious trauma does exist. This book is not meant to generalize churches or any religious institutions. Moreover, let us not invalidate the experiences of those who needed to leave the church in order to keep their sanity intact. Instead of judging and forcing your beliefs on them, pray for their welfare. They have different untold reasons and stories.

To those people who have been hurt by the church, please know that your thoughts and feelings are valid. I am sending my warmest hugs with consent. I'll include you all in my prayers. Soon, the pain will lessen. There will be doors of new beginnings as hope arises. I hope one day, you completely heal from it.

I am very much aware that people have different beliefs so I hope you guys understand where each character is coming from. Also even though they are flawed, it doesn't mean that I excuse their harmful acts and toxic behavior. I was really nervous while editing this book. But my heart was speaking loudly, making my fingers type more to express what I really felt about it.

This is also a reminder that you don't have to be the best in everything just to be worthy of love. Being ordinary does not equate being a failure in life.

Forgive me for my inconsistencies. Minsan may errors pa rin talagang nakakalusot sa mata ko. Naninibago rin me sa rules and technicalities so bear with me. For now, I'm satisfied with this.

If there are still grammatical errors, sorry. Dadaan pa naman ulit ito sa revision ng parts na 'yan. Pero 'yung plot and story? Hindi na mababago. Kung ano na nakasulat, 'yun na 'yon. I promise to focus on improving in my future works. (*^‿^*)

To those authors who inspired my younger self to write, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you. Your works brought me into different places and they made me feel different emotions. I wanted to feel that with my own works too.

To my new readers, thank you for giving this book a chance! It holds a special place in my heart. To my old readers, thank you for staying with me. I am very much grateful that you're there to watch me grow like Maxon and Alice. You are one of my treasures. ♡︎

༻𖦹༺

Started: September 09, 2020
Finished: August 14, 2021

Thank you for staying with me until the end. WHS has finally ended. I hope you enjoyed reading as much as I enjoyed writing. My story has a lot of flaws and loopholes, so I thank you for being patient and kind to me. I promise to improve more. :)

There are times that I want to stop, but I realized that Maxon and Alice are my babies and my forever comfort characters. They deserve to have an ending.

Acceptance and forgiveness were all I thought about while writing this. Acceptance for the dreams that didn't come true. Forgiveness that you should give yourself by making the choices that have to be done.

Just because you didn't achieve your goal, it doesn't mean that you failed in life. Perhaps, taking a different path will lead you to a beautiful destination.

Don't be afraid to take risks and make big decisions. Life comes with uncertainty. You only live once, so do what makes you happy. Do anything that makes you feel alive.

Always remember that love should never stop you from choosing yourself. Love should make you choose yourself.

Padayon! I know you can do it. 🤍

See you at El Cielo Series #2 Embracing the Night Skies!

Love lots,
Angel