Chapter 10

Stars were remote pinpricks hanging in the sky. This night was a quiet one, but the weather couldn't get any more unpredictable.

It was still hot outside, but by now it started raining, the small droplets of water drenching any vehicle that was still driving around this late, one of which happening to be a squad car making its way down the otherwise barren campus road.

You were sitting in the backseat as the two officers charged with protecting you were seated in front, driving you around. "Where are you taking me?"

It bothered you that not even Dewey could tell you what place you would be staying at.

Sure, you understood why this was necessary, but with your two chaperones going everywhere you went, your independency was pretty much non existent.

"Actually, I don't know," the first guard replied honestly as he tapped his fingers on the doorhandle in an obnoxious rhythm, pulling up his shoulders.

"We're meeting another car that will transport you the rest of the way," the other officer explained, just as the vehicle screeched to a halt in front of a stop light. "Safety precautions."

At that exact moment, the door suddenly ripped open on the passenger's side.

Two leather gloved hands reached in and violently yanked the second guard from the car, who yelled in surprise but it was cut short in an instant.

You shrieked while the other guard behind the wheel struggled with his seat belt. When he looked up, he saw Ghostface outside, casually making his way around the side of the car where you two were.

The man reached for his gun but it was too late as that door too flew wide open.

Everything happened so fast you could barely understand it. With one sick gurgling sound, his throat was slit wide open and blood streamed out all over the steering wheel and window.

Screaming at the top of your lungs came as a reflex as you were pounding on the door of the car in sheer panic, but it wouldn't budge, leaving you trapped like a caged animal.

Meanwhile, Ghostface dragged the dead officer from the car and sat himself in the driver's before putting the car into drive and taking off down the road.

With wide, terror-filled eyes, you glanced behind you as the guard's corpses laid sprawled out in the middle of the road before whipping back around to beat the door, beating and clawing at it but it was no use.

No, no, no... This couldn't be happening...

You leaned back, manic, as you attempted to kick at the window with your feet but it didn't budge, not an inch.

Fuck.

You were completely helpless and trapped as the car made its way down the deserted street.

Never before did you have time go by so slow, seconds feeling like an eternity as fear unparalleled flooded your body.

You were beyond frantic as you turned and twisted to look for an escape, shaking and inhaling panicked breaths through your nose as your heart beat picked up a notch.

You yelled and shouted through the closed window at the approaching headlights coming your way, but your pleading was in vain as the car passed by, snuffing out your last shimmer of hope with it.

The vehicle you were in turned into another bare street where big, stone school buildings lined each side of the thin road it was now taking.

You could barely concentrate as you
stared at the killer through the rearview window.