Chapter 14

"Like you could ever compare yourselves to them! You're nothing but fakes and will never come close to Billy and Stu."

Your poisonous words seemed to hit them right where it hurts because in retaliation, Hallie kicked you so hard in the stomach that breathing felt like countless shards of glass pierced your body, causing you to cough as blood seeped through the fabric of your once light shirt.

"Fuck you!" She exploded, her voice raising as she lost control of her composure and threw her hands out at her sides.

Derek, too, looked like he wanted to strangle you but he masked it way better. As mad as he was, the male kept his voice low but the angry tremble in it was unmistakable and the eye twitch gave his hurt ego away.

"I really did love you, (Y/N)," Derek sighed, running his tongue along the inside of his cheek as his finger tapped the side of his head.

His next words only crushed you further into the ground,. "So we'll make it fast. Go on, hon."

You couldn't bare to see the person you'd shared everything with glare down at you with such a sinister and hateful expression, holding a foreign arrogance over him as he invited your roommate to do the unthinkable.

Your head leaned back against the wood in defeat, the knife Hallie was holding to your chest pressing just hard enough for a single drop of blood to spill and run down your throat.

But for some reason, it lingered there and you heard a displeased growl coming from the back of Derek's throat, who was still keeping that insane and malevolent glint to his eyes. "What the hell are you waiting for?"

"Who the fuck is that?" Hallie stood up, looking like she'd seen a ghost as she pointed the hunting knife into the direction of one of the two entrances up at the balcony.

Keen on knowing why you were still breathing, your own red rimmed (E/C) eyes followed into the direction the metal was pointing at.

Sure enough, a... Shadow was now breaking the light. But if if really was a person, they moved too fast for you to get a proper look at them.

Judging from the sour and alarmed scowls plastered on both Derek's and Hallie's faces, this was something neither of them had planned on.

The betrayal, fear, anger and confusion coursing through you were too powerful to move, even when you see Derek move off the stage in a sense of urgency.

Hallie stood right beside you, chewing on her lower lip as her brows cemented down even further.

As Derek disappeared from view to look for whoever was now with you inside the theatre, there was a tense silence where the only thing you could hear was your own fear.

Not seconds after, an agonizingly loud scream pierced your ears and made the both of you jump.

What the fuck was going on now?

Glancing up at Hallie, she appeared just as pale and confused as you did as her jaw ticked.

"D-Derek?" Her frightened voice echoed omniously throughout the stage when the spot light shut off, leaving the two of you drowning in near darkness.

You didn't know how much time had gone by when Hallie's voice broke through the silence. "I'm sorry, (Y/N)."

Yeah, no, a pitiful sorry wasn't going to cut it. Hallie was nothing but a cruel bitch for deliberately pretending to care about your well-being for two years just so she could kill you for the fame at the right time.