Chapter 9

It seemed only yesterday that you and Randy were laughing about something stupid and unmeaningful.

Hallie was trying her best to console you with Dewey and Gale standing nearby.

On the outside, you felt like a stone rock trying to hold it together. But on the inside, you felt like a thousand knives had stabbed your insides all at once and you were one braincel away from having a total breakdown.

It was as if your heart had been smashed into a million pieces.

Again.

You were close to throwing up all the contents in your stomach and more and more did you feel like the shell of the person you once were.

Randy...

You didn't know whether the feeling was misplaced, but guilt was also present.

Everyone close to you just died and Mickey's supportive words were erased into nothingness when really, this just proved that the only way to keep everyone safe was by pushing them away.

Randy's passing hurt you right where you were most vulnerable.

Not only because you dearly loved the horror nerd as a good friend, but also because he understood what you were going through.

He was the only other person that experienced the same horrors as you in Woodsboro. The only one who understood.

"I'd really just like to be alone," you croaked bitterly, your broken voice betraying your inner feelings and sending cold water down their backs.

Hallie slid closer to you on the bed, caressing her thumb over your shoulder.

"The police are waiting outside. They're going to take you somewhere safe," Dewey calmly informed you, sounding nothing but sympathetic.

And where would that be?

You reluctantly started packing an overnight bag as Hallie turned to Dewey. "Can I come with her?"

"No," you refused with a quick and sharp tone. "I'm not gonna take you down too, Halls."

I can't lose you, too.

"I'll come with you, (Y/N)," you heard Gale suggest, flaring your anger even though she genuinely meant well.

You sneered at her as your hand curled into a tight fist, effectively making her go silent. "But who would operate your camera?"

There was another knock and Dewey opened the door to find one of the police guards standing with Joel.

After giving him a reassuring nod, they let Joel move inside as he went over to Hallie. "They got Mickey. He's being toasted at the Deltas."

Ignoring the several pairs of eyes on you, you excused yourself from the room that suddenly felt as if it was suffocating you to lock yourself inside the bathroom.

Your heart dipped as you glimpsed into your reflection, your glistening eyes struggling to swallow down your emotions.

Something heavier than your heart dropped at that moment. Memories flashed before your eyes, happy ones.

For years you'd been trying to rebuild your life and trust into people, only to have it shatter all over again.

Your eyes danced over the relatively fresh but healing wounds on your arms, only to linger on the two that would never fade.

To think that tonight, of all days, marked the two year anniversary of the night that you recieved them.

It felt much longer than that, in all honesty.