Chapter 12

You zoomed down the deserted street with not a single soul in sight.

Upon reaching a corner, you turned down the road, clutching your side in pain as you did while passing through a series of trees and shrubs, coming out on the Sorority Row.

The houses had all gone to sleep except for one. The Delta Zeta House stared down at you with lights burning from within.

Your feet were already moving to the front porch as you started pounding heavily on the front door, practically screaming your lungs out.

"SOMEBODY PLEASE OPEN UP!"

You wasted no more time than needed and ran along the wraparound porch, beating on the windows as well, but eerybody was off partying.

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

There was a faint whimpering that made you turn, only to find Murphy and Lois, both laying strewn across the end of the porch, passed out.

"Oh God, help me! We have to call the police!" You yelled and rushed over to them before kneeling down over Murphy and violently shaking her.

The girl's eyes fluttered open and she giggles drunkenly, completely wasted and lacking any comprehension skills.

"Do you have keys?" You swallowed down the dry and raw feeling in your mouth. "I need to get inside!"

You eyed Lois who was in even worse shape, pressing your lips into a flat line as your shoulders slumped. "Damn it!"

You didn't know what to do so after a lengthy time of waiting, you slinksd down off the porch and around the back of the house to the back door, trying it.

But of course it was locked too.

You could only imagine how distraught your face looked, the tears feeling hot on your cheeks and now that the rain had finally stopped, nothing washed them away.

Out of your peripheral vision, there was a big tree off the side with a body lying next to it in a heap on the ground.

You took slow and cautious steps towards the tree, keeping your eyes trained on the person you were certain was Mickey as your heart accelerated.

Oh no.

He laid on his side, curled up with his knees pulled to his chest and his arms still chained to the tree.

"Mickey?" You shook him, feeling how cold his skin was as soon as you touched him. "Mickey?"

A look of terror crossed over your face as you tried not to sniff, sucking in a sharp breath as realization and heartache started suffocating you. "Oh God, no, Mickey..."

Your entire body winced from agony at the thought of having lost yet another friend. You kneeled over him, and to your utter relief, he stirred and slowly pushed himself up.

Mickey's face came into your view, coated in dried junk and his bloodshot eyes landed on yours.

"(Y/N)?" He rasped. "Jesus, where's Hallie? I've been here all night."

"Listen to me. We've got to get help. The killer's here," you warned him in a small voice, blinking away the moisture in your eyes.

His head snapped up and his own exhausted eyes widened, his jaw clenching. "What are you talking about?" Then, in a panic, he pulled on his chained arm. "Shit. You've got to cut me down, (Y/N)."

Your face fell into a determined frown. "Hang on."

"Where you going?"

You stepped towards the shed that was attached to the garage, having no intention of leaving Mickey to his fate. Leaning against the side was a row of garden tools. You picked the shovel.