Nine

Tsukasa's P.O.V.
"You're attached to her. To the human."

"What... no..." I say, wiping my face with my sleeve.

"Let's go before you give the forest another lake."

"I am not crying...!!"

Your P.O.V.
It's been about ten minutes since I left Tsukasa and the green haired girl in the Broadcasting room. Leaving him makes my heart feel empty but I guess I shouldn't really be worrying about that right now.

Since the Broadcasting room is in the basement, I had to walk back up the stairs and now I'm in the hallway. It's super dark and since my phone is broken, I don't have a flashlight. And I don't know what time it is. I just hope that Hanako's okay... I haven't seen him in a while.

I stop walking when I suddenly hear footsteps making their way down the hallway.

"Uhh, Hanako, that's not you is it...? Normally you float instead of walking right?" I say into the darkness.

I quickly cover my eyes as a flashlight shines brightly in my face. "Hey, are you trying to blind me?! Kou... Nene?" I say moving my hands.

"Sorry 'bout that (Y/n). We had to make sure that you weren't Tsukasa or something." Kou says moving the light away from my face.

"(Y/n), I'm so happy you're okay!" Yashiro says as she runs up to hug me. "I was so worried about you!! Why didn't you call me or anything??"

"Heheh... yeah. Tsukasa broke my phone. He dropped it."

"HE WHAT?!" Nene screamed.

"Hey, calm down Nene. That's the same reaction Hanako had and he started chasing after Tsukasa."

"Now that you mention that, where is Hanako-kun?"

"Yeah, I lost him. I can't exactly see him like you guys can. So when he ran off I had no idea where he went."

"Ooooh, that makes sense. You did look a little dumbfounded when Hanako poored water on your head. And when Tsukasa wrote on your paper in the middle of class..." Kou says.

"But that means you can hear him now right? Good job (Y/n)!" Nene cheers.

"Heheh, thanks...?"

"Okay so I guess that means that we should go look for him." Nene says.

With that flashlight that Kou has it was much easier to see. We were looking through some classrooms and eventually we found one with the door slightly open. Kou went in first and we heard a loud sigh. Me and Nene walked in after him.

"Uhh, I'm guessing he's in here?" I ask.

"Oh right. Yeah, he's sitting down right here at this desk. His head's down on the table, I'm sure you should be able to hear him snoring."

I could, I can't see him but I'm sure he looks really cute sleeping like this. I don't have the heart to wake him up if he's taking a nap.

"WAKE UP HANAKO!!!" Kou shouts.

"...stop screaming exorcist..." He groggily says. I hear shuffling so it sounds like he's sitting up. "...hey what are you doing with one of Tsukasa's koku-joudai (Y/n)...? You can't see me or Tsukasa so I'm not sure if you can even see it..."

Unknowingly to Hanako, I actually CAN see Tsukasa. So I can see his koku-joudai, but somehow I didn't notice it before he pointed it out. Why would Tsukasa have it tag along with me instead of with him?

"Oh! I didn't even notice the little whispy black thing. It's so dark that it blends into the background. I'm not surprised it belongs to Tsukasa." Kou responds.

"Yeah, it looks just like the white ones you have Hanako-kun." Nene says.

"Well (Y/n)? Can you see it?"

"...Oh, I can't see it." I lie. I don't want to tell him anything that would hint at the fact that I found Tsukasa, especially if I'm going to convince him to stop searching for him.

"Oh okay... I wonder how he got it to you. Well nevermind, our jodais are capable of searching for people so it probably wasn't too hard of a task. But I wonder if he knew where you were."

"Of course not... He was trying to hide right? Why would he be worried about where I was?"

"Hmm guess you're right."

"Yashiro, I'm starving!! It's dark and I never got my ice cream..." Kou whines.

"Alright, we'll get it tomorrow after school. Will you join us (Y/n)?"

"WHAT?! It was supposed to just be us two!!"

"Oh, then..." Nene starts, but I interrupt her.

"Don't worry about it Nene. I'll be fine on my own tomorrow."

"Who said you have to be on your own? You can spend some time with me can't you? I'll be all lonely at the school by myself... y'know since I can't leave."

It looks like Hanako already forgot about his wild goose chase with Tsukasa. No convincing was needed after all.

"Uh, sure. Hopefully not being able to see you isn't a problem."

"No not at all! As long as you're able to hear my voice there shouldn't be a problem."

"Great! Looks like you two have a date set!" Nene grins cheekily.

I blush. "A d-date...?"

"I actually like the sound of that! It'll be our little school date (Y/n)! What do you say?"

"Ah... sure, I guess."

"Yay! Just don't forget the donuts!"

A date with a ghost? What kind of romantic horror comedy book is this?

"Alright, (Y/n). Let's get you home. I'll come up with an explanation for your broken phone and I'll tell your mom for you." Nene smiles.

"Umm... okay. Thanks Nene."

"I'll be getting home too. Don't want Teru to scream at me for getting home past curfew."

"See you guys tomorrow!" I wave to Kou and Hanako.

"Right, don't be late to our date!" Hanako says and I let out a small giggle.

A date with Hanako at the school... He's right, that's actually doesn't sound bad...

Later...

"Are you sure you can't see the koku-jodai (Y/n)?" Nene asks me as we make our way over to our neighborhood.

"Nope not at all." I say looking over to her.

"Alright. As soon as you can let me know. I'll tell Hanako-kun to keep a close eye on you tomorrow. I don't want Tsukasa to cause you anymore trouble than he already has."

I give a small sigh. "...okay..."

"It's still kind of funny though. I almost can't believe that you're able to hear Hanako-kun and Tsukasa now. It would be better if you could see them too but I guess we're getting there." Nene smiles.

If only you knew Nene. If only you knew...

~~~~~o0👻0o~~~~~