16.

Vote Target - 190

"WHAT IS GOING ON HERE ?" Abeer yelled, he couldn't believe was his eyes had witnessed.

Maheen lay on her bed with a man on top her, his hand on her chest and mouth on her neck.

On hearing his voice, Maheen had pushed the man away from her, the man staggered on his feat and turned around to face Abeer.

Abeer felt his rage shoot from the roof looking at the Prince of Awadh standing in front of him and his sister sitting on the bed half decently.

Mrunal who stood next to grasped, talking an involuntary step behind.

Abeer who lost all political tact at the moment launched himself at the Prince and connected his fisted hand with the Prince's jaw throwing him on the ground.

"Abeer!" Mrunal called panicked. "No, please no." She said holding his arm pulling him back.

"Abeer please." Mrunal cried as Abeer kicked hard, hitting Dev's stomach.
"Please." Mrunal cried pulling her cousin brother back with all the strength she had.

"GUARDS!" Abeer called. The sound of footsteps shuffling came from outside and moments later the uniformed men stepped into Maheen's room.

Maheen picked up the dupatta which she had thrown on the bed and covered herself decently, although the marks on her neck had been evident of everything which had been transpired in the room minutes before.

"TAKE HIM. LOCK THE PRINCE IN HIS ROOM. ASK THE KING OF AWADH TO MEET ME IN THE STUDY AND TELL BABA TO COME THERE AS WELL."

The guards picked Dev up from the floor who complied without a fight. They held him my his arm and guided him out of the room.

"Bha-."

"How dare you ? How dare you even use that mouth to call my name." Abeer hissed.

Maheen got down the bed and rushed towards her brother. She knew the instant she had seen her brother's face that she had made a mistake.

She had liked the Prince too much. She had since the day she met him, before she knew who he was, before she knew of his feelings.

She could have told him no, she could have asked him to talk to her father or brother and ask for her hand before she gave herself to him, had her brother not come in today maybe she would have, would she have regretted it ? She didn't know.

"Bhai please. I'm so sorry I -."

A loud slap echoed through the walls of Maheen's room. The impact had Maheen fall on the floor, the stinging pain blurred her vision, she felt the warm trail of blood trickle from her busted lip.

"Did you know." Abeer asked, Maheen knew the question was directed towards Mrunal.

"DID YOU KNOW."

Mrunal jumped at her spot at Abeer's voice. She had never seen him so angry, she had never seen anyone so angry.

"I didn't, I swear I didn't. I didn't know Abeer I didn't." Mrunal blabbered scared of his reaction.

Mrunal let out a cry, she was scared and disappointed in her sister and in herself. Had she been so involved in her wedding and herself and her fiancé that she did not notice her sister go astray ?

Mrunal looked at Maheen who was on the floor crying and then at Abeer who looked at her as if reading her truth, he looked at her for a second and gave her a small nod, a minuscular amount of his anger had dissipated sensing her honesty.