40.

Unedited

"Are you still upset Maheen ?" Aditya asked looked at her through the mirror as Maheen removed her bangles.

"No, I'm fine." Maheen replied, she had spent the entire day wallowing in her room. "I don't know what I did for Rani maa to be so upset. I didn't mean-."

"Maheen relax." Aditya said walking towards her. "I'll talk to her, I'll ask-."

"No you will not." Maheen replied. "If I have done anything to offend her I will be the one to make up for it." She said turning towards Aditya. "I don't want to be the one to cause any rift between you and your mother."

"It's not that Maheen, Rani maa wont -."

"Adi please. I'll handle it." Maheen said. "Just be there for me along the side lines, whatever I've done to make her upset, I'll take care."

"I'll always be there for you." He said taking a step forward in her direction.

Maheen looked at him, Aditya was just a hair's breadth away for her, she could feel his breath on her face.

"Ad..Aditya ?" She stuttered as Aditya placed his hands on her waist, his warm palm lying on her bare waistline.

"Hmm ?"

"I.. I need to -."

"Need what ?" He asked trying to hide his smile looking at her squirming state.

"Aditya I .. I need .." Maheen could feel her heart in her mouth, her breathing had quickened too, a sheen of sweat formed on her neck. Suddenly the room was too hot.

"Mahi .. you .." Aditya said lowering his face towards hers. He saw Maheen wiggle in his hold, her throat bobbed as she gulped hard.

Aditya tried hard to contain his laughter but failed letting Maheen go. He took a step back and let out a loud laugh.

"Look at your face Maheen." He said laughing. "It's like you saw a ghost ! Look at you."

"Shut up." Maheen grumbled. Embarrassed about turning all red, hot and bothered by their proximity.

"Aww. It's alright Maheen, i didn't know I make you feel so hot and bothered, look at you ." Aditya laughed.

"Stop laughing at me." Maheen whinnied.

"Aww Maheen." He said walking towards her. He wrapped his arms around her, her palm on his chest. "Next time I won't pull back." He said with a smirk making Maheen's ears turn red. She buried her face in his chest hiding her embarrassment.

Aditya tightened his hold on her and placed his chin on her head.

"Adi." Maheen said in a muffled voice.

"Hmm ?" He said holding her tight.

"Are we still going to Agra after Holi ?" She asked.

"Of course we are. Unless you don't -."

Aditya was interrupted as the door of their bedroom unceremoniously opened.

Aditya looked towards the door to see Dev standing at the threshold, his eyes flickering between Aditya and Maheen.

Aditya let go off Maheen, and took a step ahead.

"I've told you a million times Dev, knock on peoples doors, when will you learn ?" Aditya said shaking his head. "You need to knock, specially now when I'm not the only one occupying this room."

"I'll keep that in mind. Sorry." He said looking at his feet.

"Is there something you needed ? It's almost midnight." Aditya said looking at him.