21.

Vote Target - 220

Aditya had been sitting with Meera in a chamber which he assumed belonged to her.

An hour had passed since Maheen had lost consciousness leaving the entire palace in a state of hysteria.

The physician who had visited had informed them that Maheen's brain and body had shut itself from the emotional trauma to protect her from any serious damage.

The air was thick with tension, Abeer and Haider had left the room with the physician leaving behind Aditya, Meera and Gehna.

Aditya stared into the wall, feeling time move along with the wind.

"Aditya.. bete." Aditya turned his head to see Meera standing close to where he sat on the seat placed by the window.

Aditya sprung out of his seat and stood in respect for the older lady.

"No.. no please sit down." Meera ushered him to sit down and then took a seat next to him and faced him.

"I know what happened today was something none of us wanted to witness and I also know that you are as heart broken and cheated on as my daughter is. I ... thank you beta." Meera said folded her hands in front of him as a lone tear slipped out of the corner of her eyes.

"Please don't do this." Aditya said feeling ashamed looking at a lady a few years younger to his own mother folding her hands in front of him in gratification when his brother had caused them so much pain.

"You don't understand what you have done for us." Meera said with a weak smile.

"Ma'am you-."

"Mahi. She opened her eyes Bua." Gehna said interrupting Aditya.

"Go call Abeer and Hadi." Meera instructed the attendant.

"I'll send them in." Aditya said. He looked at Maheen once before leaving the room. He didn't want to be present when she opened her eyes, fearful of her reaction.

After sending a word for Haider and Abeer, Aditya walked back to his chamber.

A small scouting party had gone to look for Dev and his uncle and Prime Minister Balram Shastri but none could locate them.

Aditya pushed the door of his chamber open and walked inside, tired and defeated.

"Finally you are back."

Aditya looked up from the floor to see his best friends and Mangal sitting by the bed waiting for him to return.

"What are you doing here?" He asked looking at Prithvi.

His friends jumped off the bed along with Mangal and rushed towards him.

"Adi." Prithvi called our to him worried. "Adi how are you ?" He asked wrinkles creasing his forehead.

"I'm okay." He replied letting out a sigh. "The Mughal Princess she fain-."

"She isn't just the Mugal Princess anymore Adi, she is the Queen of Awadh and your wife." Srijan said placing a hand on Aditya's shoulder.

Aditya closed his eyes and took in a deep breath nodding his head.

"Adi are you okay ?" Prithvi asked worried for his best friend, his brother.

"I am. Don't worry about me."

"Of course we'll worry about you Aditya bhaiya." Mangal said with a frown. "You worry about us and care for us all the time, can't we look out for you ?"

Aditya looked at Mangal and gave him the faintest smile he could muster.

"I didn't mean to offend you Mangal, you can look out for me. I just done want any of you to work up because of me." Aditya said. "I'll make sure things are okay and -."