51.

Maheen and Mangal walked towards the temple.

Maheen's head whirled with all the new information that had been dumped on her.

She didn't know what to believe rather whom to believe, Balram Shashtri, the man who had betrayed her from the get go and almost killed her father or the woman whom she until recently considered her husband's mother.

Maheen stepped into the temple and the sound of the bell made her snap out of her daze.

"Bhabhi aarti." Mohini said extending the holy fire towards Maheen who took the blessings.

"Where were you !" Aditya exclaimed and quickly made his way towards Maheen. "You had me worried Maheen."

"I'm sorry I jus-."

"Bhaisa!" Mangal squealed and flung himself at Aditya who tried to balance himself with the added weight.
"I'm so happy that you are okay." He said holding on to Aditya tightly.

"I'm glad to be alive too." He said patting Mangal's back.

"Maheen aap kaha thi ? And I don't see the bangles on your wrist." Aditya said snapping Maheen out of her daze.

"I'm sorry, I ... I ... Dev, Mohini, aap sab humare kaksh mai aa jaye." Maheen gulped visibly and looked at Mangal who gave her a slight nod. "Humey aap sab se .. kuch.. zaroori baat karni hai ." (Dev, Mohini, all of you please come to our chamber, there is something I have to discuss with all of you.)

"Forget it, I'm not setting my foot in that room, not after you threw me out of there." Mandira spat venomously.

"Alright then we shall discuss in the family court room." Maheen said.

"Don't order me around, I'm not your servant to be ushered by you." Mandira said raising her voice.

"Don't forget I am your Queen." Maheen replied. "You refuse to discuss this in the confines of four walls, I've given you the option of family court, don't force me to drag this to the public court Rani maa."

"Maheen." Aditya whisper yelled holding Maheen by her arm tightly and turning her around to face him.
His expression made Maheen's heart skip a beat or two, to say he was furious would be an understatement.

"Ye kis lehje mai aap humari maa se baat kar rahi hai ? Hosh hai kuch aapko ?" (What kind of a tone are you using to address my mother ? Are you in your senses ?)

"Apki maa nahi rani maa, hum aapki rani maa se baat kar rahe hai." Maheen said. "Aap mujhse iss waqt kuch matt puchiye Aditya, mujhe sirf thoda waqt de. Jo mai kar rahi hu, aur jo mai karne ja rahi hu usse apko jo chot pohoch rahi hai aur pohocheygi.. mai .. mujhe maaf karey please." She said wiping the tear that rimmed around her for eyes.
(Not your mother, it's queen mother. Please don't ask me much, not about what I'm doing or what I'm about to do. Just forgive me for all the pain I'm causing you now and the pain which is about to come, I don't .. I'm sorry, forgive me please.)

"Maheen you are scaring me." Aditya said in a whisper and Maheen closed her eyes. She couldn't see him, it would just weaken her resolve.

"Maheen what's going on ?" Dev asked.

"Family court, please everyone, right now." She said and walked towards idol.

She folded her hand and bowed her head. Her heart was heavy and pounding. Her ears were buzzing and palms were sweating.

'Everything is going to change, every truth is going to become a lie. Give him the strength to deal with it my lord, stay with him, give him strength and wisdom and the power to do what's right.' She prayed.