41.

Maheen woke up the next day to see Aditya getting ready for his his daily routine.

"Look who finally woke up." Aditya said putting his sword Agni back in the case.

"Wear your kurta, when will you learn to wear your kurta." Maheen said groggily rubbing the sleep off her eyes.

"Oh don't you deny that you love to wake up to this."

"Aditya, not this early in the morning please." Maheen said slumping back into the bed burring her face in the pillow.

Aditya let out a chuckle and walked towards her side of the bed. He grabbed her arm and pulled he up.

"Noo.." Maheen whined, keeping her eyes shut.

"Good morning my queen." Aditya said cupping her face.

Maheen opened her eyes to see Aditya beaming at her.

"Good morning dear husband." She replied.

Aditya stoked her cheek with his thumb, looking at her softly.

How could he let her go ?

"Do you want me to get you for the pooja ? I can come up and we can go together." Aditya said tucking her hair in place.

"Will it be alright if I don't come today ?" Maheen said wrapping her arms around his torso and places her cheek against his midriff. She didn't want him to see her face.

"Why not Maheen ? Are you upset by yest-."

"No I .. I just don't feel so well. I want to sleep in."

"Of course. Do you want me to stay with you ? I can myself catch up on some more sleep and -."

"No." Maheen said pulling away from him. "Go train Gehna and then be there for the pooja, then come back quickly."

"I'll be back before you know it." He said kissing her forehead.

Maheen smiled at him.

"Come soon." She whispered as he stepped out of the room.

Aditya knew that something had been bothering Maheen and it wasn't just the incidence which had taken place at the temple yesterday.

Yet he wasn't going to push her, he knew she would tell him sooner or later.

Aditya was ashamed of the way her family had been treating Maheen. First Dev had played with her heart and now his mother with her pride.

She wasn't just a princess of another kingdom who should have been respected but she was now a queen, his queen.

He would have to talk to his mother about it soon.

•••
Aditya had spent hours before sunrise training Mangal and Gehna, his mind still processing the conversation he had with his mother the night before and his mother's changed behaviour towards Maheen.

After training finished, Aditya and Mangal waited for Gehna to join them for the pooja.

"Is bhabhi sa not coming Bhaisa ?" Mangal asked as Maheen would usually be there by now.

"No she doesn't feel so well. So she-."

"What's wrong with her ?" They turned to see Gehna walk towards them with a panicked expression.

"Nothing really. I think she just didn't want to come so she made up an excuse. And I didn't want to force her so." Aditya said shrugging his shoulders.

"Well, let her be. She will get back to the fierce Maheen soon, she needs time to sort everything in her head and fight back."

"Yes." Aditya said nodding his head and they walked towards the temple in silence.