10. Final Hope

Final Hope

<Katia’s POV>

Everything was black.

One minute Dean, Sam, the demon-angel hybrid and I had been stood in the living room of Gideon Walker’s house; the next my vision had completely vanished and it felt like I was being sucked into some sort of vacuum with no escape route.

Luckily, my vision returned after a short time; instantly I realised that we were no longer in the room we had been in prior to me losing my vision. Instead we were in the open outdoors, I was being crushed by two fully grown men; Dean’s foot was practically grinding my face into the gravelled floor, causing me a lot of discomfort.

The demon-angel hybrid hadn’t vanished; she stood just before out human-pile whilst staring down on us, a smirk so obviously playing on her face. ‘Sorry about that,’ she muttered, her voice didn’t even show the slightest sign of her being sincere.

‘What the hell was that?’ Dean hissed as he pushed himself up from the floor; once Sam had stood up from where he’d been lying at the top of the pile. As Dean struggled up from the floor, his booted foot managed to push more violently against my face causing me a little more pain- and I didn’t even think that was possible.

I let out a much needed yelp before shoving Dean’s foot off of my face. ‘Do you mind?’ I questioned harshly whilst using my free hand, which wasn’t still trapped beneath my body, to gently rub the injured area of my face.

With a little more of a struggle, Dean and I managed to untangle our limbs so both of us could stand up freely once again. Both Sam and the demon-angel hybrid wore identical smirks on the face as they watched out struggle; Sam had obviously not had it as bad, after all he had me and Dean to pad his landing.

‘Katia, do you have shoe prints on your face?’ Sam questioned as he examined the skin that I had previously been rubbing.

‘No thanks to Dean,’ I hissed; absently I ran my hand over my face once more whilst feeling slightly self-conscious due to the three pairs of eyes that were currently only me. Dean didn’t even try to hide the loud, bark of a laugh which left his mouth as he looked at the mark he’d made on my face. ‘Screw you.’

Dean continued to laugh before he got a glance of the area that we were stood in, that seemed to shut him up. It also made me shut up, I couldn’t even think of a witty comment as I looked around the alleyway that we had landed in. This definitely wasn’t even close to where we had been previously.

‘Where are we?’ Sam asked what Dean and I were both thinking.

‘New York City, New York in the year nineteen-twenty-one,’ the demon spoke casually; as if on cue, a couple- a man and woman- strolled past the alley.

‘Why the heck are we in this year? You said you were going to take us back to the man with cure, if I remember correctly you said that he lived hundreds of years ago,’ Dean announced; his sudden outburst caught the demon off guard but she was quick to regain herself.

‘My angel grace is fading, if you three want to get back to present day in one piece then this is as far as I could take you; either way, the final family member with the cure lives around here, but it’s up to you to find her,’ the demon spoke. ‘You have twenty-four hours to find the woman- Alexia Russo- and meet me back here; if you’re even a second late, you’re going to have to find someone else to return you back to present day,’ she continued.

‘Why don’t you stay, can’t you get help as well?’ I questioned; this demon was doing all of this for us, yet she wasn’t even trying to help herself.