03. Meet the Robertson's

Meet the Robertson’s

<Katia’s POV>

‘Dean, Sam?’

At the sound of my voice both men seemed to freeze for a mere second before whipping around to face me; both of them held shotguns and Dean looked prepared to shoot, luckily for me he didn’t instantly fire. I couldn’t wipe the beaming smile from my face, which probably freaked both men out a little more than they already were.

‘What the hell?’ Dean hissed as he eyed the three of us; he seemed confused about the fact that I had called him by his name. Since my departure I had definitely changed quite a bit.

Sam had a doe-eyed look on his face, it only stayed there for a couple of seconds before something in his brain seemed to click and he actually remembered me. ‘Katia?’ he spoke questioningly. I hadn’t thought it was possible, but just hearing my name come from Sam’s mouth had my smile widening.

The look which had previously been on Sam’s face instantly moved over to Dean’s; a small laugh slipped past my lips as I looked at his widened eyes.

Whilst Dean was still staring at me as though I had three heads, I somehow ended up pulling Sam into some sort of awkward, long-overdue hug. Sam patted my back comfortingly before moving away; I quickly walked over to Dean to hug him also.

‘What are you doing here?’ Dean questioned as he accepted the embrace and repeated Sam’s move of patting my back comfortingly.

As I pulled away I shrugged my shoulders, ‘the same as you.’

‘It’s been over three years, Katia; where have you been?’ Sam spoke up this time. He had lowered his shotgun and was now just staring at me, waiting for answers.

I didn’t know how to answer; for some reason I couldn’t bring myself to tell my brothers’ about Hell or Purgatory never mind the current deal I was trying to accomplish, I still had yet to tell the Robertson’s that Crowley had taken my soul once and he was waiting to re-enact the dreaded events.

‘Sorry to break up your reunion, but don’t you think we should be working on finding, and burning this spirit’s bones?’ Curtis spoke up; I breathed out a breath of relief, he saved me from that one.

Dean looked from the twins before looking down at me once again- living with Curtis and Fletcher’s family I had forgotten how tall the boys’ actually were. ‘And who are they?’ he asked pointing to the two men.

I looked back at Curtis and Fletcher; the pair seemed mildly interested as they stared in on our conversation. ‘You remember when I went to school for like a week a couple of days after I first met you? Those are the hunters I met during my short time there; I’ve been living with their family since I got back to the States,’ I updated the boys’. ‘We can speak once we’ve finished this.’

                Apparently Fletcher, Curtis and I were one step ahead of Dean and Sam. This was the first time they’d been to the cellar and they didn’t know anything about the spirit down here other than the fact that she was killing helpless humans. When Curtis began to pull up the floorboards the pair of them just stared at us as if we’d gone insane; we were killing monsters for a living, of course we had gone insane.

As the twins and I had expected, there was a full skeleton lying above the hardened soil beneath the basement; the man who’d killed her hadn’t even tried to bury her remains.

‘Crap,’ Curtis scolded as he turned back to Dean, Sam and I. ‘We forgot to bring lighter fluid,’ he continued as he placed his hands on his hips whilst chewing his bottom lip.