02. A Hunt and a Reunion

A Hunt and a Reunion

<Katia’s POV>

NOVEMBER 20TH, 2012

In front of me I held a shotgun and a flashlight as I followed Curtis into the outdoor-cellar of an old pub. The three of us- Curtis, Fletcher and I- had been bought to Montgomery, Alabama after the twins dad had heard about another recent death which had occurred here. If I was going to stay at the Robertson’s house, I had to obey the rules and requests which Mr Robertson gave out.

Fletcher had already gone into the basement whilst Curtis and I were still grabbing weapons from the trunk of my car- the one Bobby had given me all those years ago. Since then we hadn’t heard another word from him and I knew that that was causing much concern to his twin brother.

‘Fletch,’ Curtis hissed, as if speaking in a lower tone would only attract the attention of his brother rather than the actual spirit.

I checked every inch of the cellar, the glow from my flashlight made everything look a slight bit scarier but I could easily deal with that; after all, I had made it through Purgatory.

‘Can you see him?’ the worried twin asked again as he shone his flashlight in the opposite direction of mine. ‘Fletcher,’ he spat out once again.

‘If I could see him then I’m sure you’d be able to as well,’ I answered Curtis whilst stalking through the darkened room. I could smell the dampness of the cellar, and the wooden floor seemed to bounce beneath my feet as if there was something else hidden beneath it; I didn’t even want to think about what could be buried underneath the floor boards of some old cellar.

‘Fletcher,’ Curtis continued as he walked towards a closed cupboard door. I was going to follow him, but at the far side of the room we were already in I could see a faint light glowing against the floor. Within a second I was rushing towards that light.

When I reached my set destination in the basement I saw a rather evil looking woman hovering over the motionless body of one of my closest friends; the woman had her hand pressed into Fletcher chest and he just groaned in pain whilst his fingers loosened on the shotgun beside him. Not thinking twice I fired my own shot gun; the loud roar bounced of each cellar wall and the spirit vanished like dust in the wind.

‘Curtis, he’s over here!’ I shouted before jumping down to Fletcher’s side. His eyes were still open but only very slightly; he was struggling to catch his breath and I didn’t really know what I should’ve done to help him.

Luckily, Curtis made it over to me in record speed and was instantly taking over the role as doctor.

‘Keep a look out for the spirit, if it comes back blast it,’ the still fully conscious twin instructed me as if I was just going to let the spirit return and murder us all. ‘We need to get out of here...do some more research on this spirit or something,’ Curtis continued to speak whilst he tried to help a heavy breathing Fletcher up from the ground.

I held the end of the flashlight in my mouth as I grabbed Fletcher’s, now useless, shotgun from the rotting floor and forced it into a duffle bag which was swung over my shoulder.

                Curtis had finally managed to get a completely unconscious Fletcher to the bottom of the cellar stairs. He still held his own shotgun in his hand; both his and Fletcher’s flashlights’ had now been forced into the low pockets of his grey, hooded sweatshirt.

‘Make sure you keep both eyes open whilst I try to get him up these stairs,’ Curtis spoke back to me as he dragged his brother up the stairs. Although he couldn’t see me as there was no extra light down here- none of us had tried to find the light switch- I nodded understandingly.