Chapter 7; Free

I walked through the dark morning, people walk through the streets both drunk and tired. I mulled over sneaking into a local club or just strolling through a park nearby. I shrug and decided if I can't sneak in I'll have to go to the park anyway. I walk around the alleyway, my eyes run over the trash and a discarded bag left in the thin opening. I run my fingers along with the brick and lock eyes with a heavy metal door opening. A man and woman tumble out of the door, their hands barely being kept to themselves. I step to the side and gently grab the door behind them. They luckily didn't notice, for them already being down each other's throats.

I slip in the door letting it close behind me, the smell of booze and smoke hits my nostrils. I stood in a dark back hallway, I move slowly to the low warm light. Once I crossed into the main room, it was abuzz with life. Music blared through the speakers, people danced drunkenly on the main floor. I walked close to the wall passing a few booths. I make it to an empty table and sit down, I knew I couldn't buy anything but maybe I could convince some to get them for me. I was 18 (almost 19) and the legal age is 20 but I can hold my liquor quite well and knew my limits; plus I'm a black-out drunk... not something I want to go through currently.

I sat at the table my eyes scanning the crowd of people, no one seemed too interesting. Everyone looked as I had expected from this part of town, crooked— or perhaps a better word was shady. No one seemed to be here for a 'good' reason, but I'm not either so I couldn't judge. A girl around my own age approaches my table, her outfit made me infer she was a worker here. "Can I get you anything?" Her voice was sweet and light,
"No, not at the moment, just gonna watch for a bit." I smile gently at her and she nods walking off.

After a couple of minutes, I felt a hand grab my shoulder from behind, my body tensed up. "Aren't you a little young to be here?" The voice was low and hushed. I quickly turned my head, my eyes meeting a person I haven't seen for 3 years. Her long blonde hair ran down her slim figure, her piercing lime green eyes were aglow in the dim lighting. "Aoki." I breathe out, this was either super unlucky or not.
"Oh, please, is that how you great a friend? Just Sakiya is fine." She sits across from me, I sigh and cross my arms. "You are 18 still right? How the hell did you get in here? I'm 20 so I can be but you..." I roll my eyes slightly, slouching down in the chair more.
"As a Pro-Hero, I should do something but..." she trails off rubbing her arm a little, "I won't though, I'm off duty plus you're not drinking."

She abruptly stood pushing her chair out, "I'll see you around, have fun doing whatever it is you're doing," she started to walk off, "stay out of trouble." Then she was gone. I was alone again, it was strange seeing an old upperclassman... especially in a place like this. I watched her walk into the crowd in the direction of the bar. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair.
"That's fucking nuts."

The waitress from before walks over placing a few shots in front of me, "it's from that man over there." She smiles and points to a man a few booths down from my table. He sat with a few other young men, I couldn't really make out his face but he did have quite dark hair. I turn to her and smile, I thank her and she walks off leaving the drinks in front of me. I sniff the drink, it was strong but I can take a few shots. I down one and then the other, the liquid stings my throat slightly as it goes down. I hold the 3rd and final one and look up seeing the man and his friends start to walk over. I down it and lean forward a bit on the table.
"Hey, cutie, enjoy those shots?" The man with dark hair spoke, his features now more easily seen. His skin was on the darker side and a large scar ran from the bottom of his left eye to past his shirt's collar.
"Well, free shit is still free." I interlock my fingers under my chin, a slight smirk gracing my lips.
"Can me and my boys sit here?" His face grows amused, I didn't give a side glance to his lackeys.
"I won't stop you." I waved my hand sitting up more letting my damaged right hand lay lax on the table.

They all sit around the table, the air surprisingly still. I search his face looking for any malicious intent that I couldn't handle. "What brings a girl like you here?" He spoke first, I sighed and crossed my arms leaning back in the chair rocking it ever so slightly with my foot.
"Couldn't sleep, it was this or a walk in a park. What about you?" I drop the chair with a thud, leaning on the table once again.
"I come here to drink and watch dumbass people get drunk. It's a pass time of mine." He leans on the table as well, putting a hand on his cheek to support his head.
"Do you bye all the girls that sit alone a few shots?" I ask running my disfigured hand around the rim of a glass.
"No, not really. This was merely on a whim of mine. But I'm guessing from you calling them "shit" they aren't really your thing," he let out a small chuckle sitting up more straight.
"I don't drink too often, I don't really know what I prefer over over drinks." I lied, I knew what brands I had gone to in parties and other teen gatherings, I've even mixed a few things myself but... he might buy a few more things if I act all new to this. He hums in response and smiles slightly.
"How about a few rounds with us then?" He puts his arm up gesturing to the waitress to come over. I sit there and just smile.
"Give is the strong shit, a few rounds for all of us."