Chapter 24; Escaping

Everything was going swimmingly, we killed some guys and had a small group of horny people with guns. "How many of people can you... ya know..." I ask trying to keep my distance from him.
"I believe my top number is 15." Ueda smirks look at one of the guys, "I might just keep a few."
"You're disgusting." Dabi breaths out, I felt the heat around his body increase slightly. I grab his hand and smile a little up at him.

They were here, behind this metal door was our goal. Chiba phases through and it takes a long while before the door opens. "This is... messed up." She mumbles out opening the door more. I freeze, I stare at the children crammed into this small room, they were piled on top of one another. The room smelled awful, it smelled rancid. "Y-Yuki? Yuki are you here!?" My eyes quickly scan the shaking bodies. My eyes meet a familiar pale pink hair, bright (E/C) eyes meet yours. I watch her stumble to stand, her limbs were thin. My heart sunk. "Dabi." I here a soft hum. "Let's burn this place to the ground."
"Gladly." His arm drapes over my shoulders, "but let's get the kids out first."

I quickly step forward and pull the other large metal door open. "Come on kids, let's get you the fuck out of here!" I yell out, holding my hand out to the closes child to me. He hesitates but takes it pulling himself up and stumbles out. Ueda pushes past me and grabs a girl, his hands shaking.
"You're safe." Is all he says before picking her up.
I smile I little at the sentimental moment, my attention is brought back to my little sister. I was so happy but I wasn't going to celebrate until we are out of here. I can't be dumb and get anyone killed.

When she's near me I grab her hand tightly, I watch the 8 year old break down. Tears flowing like a river, she held onto my waist for dear life. "(Y-Y/N)!" She cries out, her voice shrill and dry. I hold back my tears and lift her up.
"Let's get going, I have a nice place for you to sleep." She snuggles into my collarbone and nods a little. I smile at Dabi who grabs my shoulder and gestures for us to get going.

Everyone is quickly running down the hall, the older kids were helping the younger ones run. We turn a corner and had guns trained on us. Everyone freezes, probably around twenty guys stood in front of us.
"What are you doing with my property?" A man with long silver hair and golden eyes, something about the eyes were familiar. It was an older man, probably in his 50s. His sentence made me so mad, I wanted to kill this man. Dabi once again starts to heat up. "You're not answering me. What are you doing with my property!?" His voice grows aggressive.
"Fuck off!" I yell, holding my sister closer to me.
"Boys. Kill them." Ueda says quietly. All his minions aim their gun at the goons and fire within seconds. My eyes quickly widen when the sliver haired man disappears with a smile. His men quickly start firing back. I yelled to the children to get down and stay down. Yuki looks at me and nods a little. A thin flat force field was formed in front of us to protect us from the bullets flying.
"Ueda! Give me your niece, she'll be safe with me." I inform him walking to him, but as I grab her blue lights up the room.

I stare in awe of Dabi's fire. It was to beautiful to watch. The flame matched his eyes perfectly, a warm feeling fills my chest. I watch as charred bodies smoke from the ground. "There, that's dealt with." He shakes his hand a little as he looks at me with that handsome smirk. Yuki drops the shield and I hold the two children. We run by the charred bodies, I knew the kids had to be scared but I'm assuming their want to leave is stronger then the death surrounding them. As we ran I felt like that man was watching us, but maybe it was my paranoia.

The fresh night air hit my face as all the kids cheered and cried at the freedom. I was shaking, my arms tighten around Yuki as Ueda takes his niece back. I stare down at my baby sister in relief and happiness. Tears brim my eyes and my legs collapsed under me, I hold her close to chest just living in the moment. "(Y/N)... we have to go before the heroes get here, your Ex and the other chic are going to stay and explain things since they aren't wanted. We gotta go." He's crouched beside me speaking softly, his scared hand resting on my scared shoulder. I nod in response, still crying over my little sister being in my arms and alive.

We walk down the alleyways, one hand holding my sister up while the other held Dabi's hand. Every once and awhile he kisses my knuckles gently. I was beyond happy, the only thing that would make this day better is if Endeavor died. But alas I can't be that lucky. I lean on his shoulder, my sister was asleep in my arms. "I think I need I bigger apartment." He laughs looking over at you. "Yeah, it'll be cramped with all of us in that small ass flat." I agree smiling down at her peaceful face.
"How much money you have in all those accounts?" He asks as we walked to his building which isn't much farther.
"Enough." I assure sighing happily.

We enter his apartment and kick our shoes off, I gently wake Yuki up and she rubs her eyes looking up at me and the largest smile covers her face. "I'm so happy this wasn't a dream." I let her down and she looks around the room.
"Let's get you washed up Yuki, okay?" I smile gently and she nods a little. I stand and look at Dabi, "do you have any extra toothbrushes? And shirt without... ya know?" He nods and places a hand on my head.
"The toothbrushes are under the sink and I'll look if any of my shirts don't have anything inappropriate for her." I nod and grab Yuki's hand.
"Let's get you in a bath."