Chapter 15; Making a Change

"Get your ass up." Dabi's voice filled the small room, I merely groaned in response. "You have no one to blame but yourself." I slowly sat up, ruffling my own hair some.
"Fucking... whatever." I rub my eyes not having the energy to argue. He tosses a bottle at my lap. "Thanks," I mumble opening the cap taking out two pills. I dry swallow them, closing the bottle once more.
"Do you remember what happened last night?" He asked sitting on the bed, I shook my head in response. "Well, you went in the ring, won a fight, and I hate to admit this but... it looked badass."

I smiled a little at his attempt at a compliment. I looked in the mirror that hung lazily on the wall when I caught my reflection. My cheeks grew bright red looking at the shirt I was not wearing yesterday. But I shake the feeling away and quickly turn to him. "Dabi, I want piercings a-and to dye my hair." I blurt out, he stops and takes in what I said.
"Why?" He questioned, narrowing his eyes.
"I used to have that in middle school, I gave it up to go to U.A. ...for my parents." I stick my tongue out pointing at a small scar where a piercing used to reside. "Plus, the police are looking for this version of me. Not the younger one on their records." I wink standing up from the bed. "I'm getting a shower," I announce grabbing my bag walking into the bathroom.

...Dabi's POV...

She walks inside the bathroom with this determination to her strides. I sit thinking to myself, letting my mind wander off. I pick my phone up from my pocket I then search for her name adding the year it may have been reported. A short article pops up describing a violent fight that broke out between (Y/N) and a random girl. The report states that the dispute started when (Y/N) punched the over girl starting a whole fight, leaving both of the girls battered and bruised only ending when a local hero pulled them apart. While (Y/N) was just pissed off, the other girl cried screaming that she randomly grabbed her forcing her to start the fight. I turned the screen off shrugging to myself, when her phone goes off.

Curiously I look at it, seeing an unknown number texting her. "Hey, babe, it's been a while ~ I have some news for you." My curiosity only deepened, as a small smirk graced my lips.
"Now who is this?" I mumble to myself, placing the phone down again. "Seems like a jack-ass." I laugh to myself standing from the messy bed. I study the room for a small moment, thoughts of the evening before filling my head. I'd be lying if I didn't admit seeing her fight like that didn't make her grow in interest (and the text didn't help). I left the room, glancing over at my small kitchen where dishes were starting to pile up. The urge to go sit on the couch was strong or to just walk out completely. I gave in to my laziness sitting on the couch switching it on, but completely ignoring it and staring down at my phone.

When she left the bedroom she stood in a pair of ripped-up jeans and another one of my shirts that I had completely forgotten I owned. "Can't resist my charm?" I mockingly tease her and she rolls her eyes in response.
"Whatever, I don't have much clothing, staples." She throws up a middle finger, walking to the kitchen. I sit up following her in their having this feeling she wants something. "Hey, let's go out." I pause looking her up and down, squinting my eyes slightly.
"Wha-"
"You know, like get shit for this plain ass apartment. Or just some motherfucking clothes, I'm growing tired of only the color black shit. I need something to spice it up you know. OH! What about getting those piercing now? Or my hair done?" She begins riddling off options while I lean on the counter.
"With what money?" I comment bring her back to reality. I smile spreads across her features and hops up on the counter across from me. Leaning forward happily.
"I have inheritance, tons actually. Under many names. Like my father always said, "shit happens, have contingencies." And "time doesn't wait for you, be ready to switch lives at any moment." She riddles off, with the stupidest grin spread from ear to ear.
"Sounds like a shady guy to me," I mumble to myself but she hears and lightly kicks my thigh.
"He was at times vague about his past, to be completely honest we weren't supposed to ask about it. Mom either. But they were really good people, just kept us all close and didn't talk to many people. They worked from home and very rarely left the city." She explains having this undertone of grief and fondness.
"You had a big family?" I asked without much thought.
"Yeah, I did." She sighed, looking at the ceiling, "I was the oldest of 5, the youngest was 7 when she died." Sadness filled her posture. I went to speak but she quickly beat me to it, "WELP!" She hopped down and walks towards the door. "Let's head out!"

...(Y/N)'s POV...

I walked quietly with a hood pulled up over my head. Dabi wore a mask, sunglasses, and a hoodie covering his features completely. I followed him having this feeling he was leading me somewhere. After a good walk, I stood in front of a tattoo parlor. I looked at him with suspicion, he nods a little. "It's run by villains. It's literally their job to make people look different." He explains quietly, opening the door. The place was dim, a faint smell of cigars and weed fill the small waiting room. Few people sat on the chairs and small seats doing various things. Dabi approaches the counter hitting the bell, my eyes lock on a few cigarettes that sat in a bowl that had a small sign that read "Take one. Just one. Especially you, Lori." I pick up one and Dabi lights it for me before I could even ask. I smile warmly at him to show my gratitude. A woman walks out with a cat resting on her shoulder, her body covered in tattoos and piercings.
"Haven't seen you in a while Dadi," she pauses looking down at me, smoke leaving my lungs. "Who's the cutie?" She smiles down at me, I wave a little.
"She's just a co-worker, wanna hook her up with a hair change and piercings? She's good for it." He says gesturing to me. I nod a little, trying to reassure the woman. She smirks and leans forward on the desk, her cat crawling down. "Then let's get started~"