Chapter 20; Told You So

A few hours passed from the kidnapping, no one was allowed to return to their homes. We were told that we had to stay here in case something went south. This sense of annoyance ran over me, I was so fed up being trapped in this shitty lit bar. I laid comfortably on the worn-out couch, my eyes watching a moth bounce off the dim lightbulb. My mind slowly drifts to Dabi and the conversation earlier. "You can't always drown them for long." His voice was quiet, barely above a whisper as if it pained him to say. I was about to respond to him but he walked away. I was soberer now, being able to take in his words more fully, contemplate what his intention were. I slowly sit up, my eyes meeting his sapphire ones. They drew me in like a thief to a diamond, I felt frozen like everything around me paused. But the moment passed when our captured blond awoke angrily, making the chair bounce off the floor. I sighed and laid back down, ignoring the others' quick response.

I listen to this long spiel from Shigaraki about how the blond should join and heroes are bad. I personally ignored him not caring for his ideals. I was in this for revenge, not his wants. Then his order to untie him hit my ears. I immediately sat up and spoke out, "What!? That's the fucking stupidest thing I think you've said so far!" His eyes snapped to me, a dark glare bore into me.  Instead of backing down, I glare right back, this feeling of pride rising in me.
"Do it." Shigaraki restates and looks away from me, I roll my eyes and lean on the back of the couch, watching the scene unfold. I watched the teen begin to yell and threatened the rest of my "group." I looked back to Dabi and gave him a small smile, to signal that I was not interested in this whole shit show. He returns the gesture and then looks back at the chaos. I moved from the couch and walked over to the defensive teen.
"Listen, bitch boy, it was fucking annoying to get your ass here. I honestly don't give a fuck how you feel but I want to leave, and this asshole..." I pause and look at Shigaraki and then resume talking, "won't let us leave 'til he gets his way so do me a favor and drop the hero act." I roll my eyes, I felt the angry gaze trapped on the back of my head.
"Not all of us want to be heroes for the benefits and get kicked out senior year, Fake-ass wannabe." He smirked, looking me dead in the eye. I felt this anger fill me, before I knew it I was reaching for his face. I felt to arms grab me and pull me back. "What? Hit a nerve?"

A loud knocking filled the room, everyone froze. My eyes were locked to the door, my mind went blank. Something in me screamed at me to hide. The wall exploded revealing heroes and police, tree branches wrapped around us all, squeezing us tight. I was trapped in two purple scared arms and the splinters of a hero. "Fuck." I growl staring at All Might, his tall stature looms over us. "I told you this was a shit idea." I roll my eyes looking up at Dabi.
"You actually didn't say anything." Dabi chuckles lowly, his eyes not leaving All Might's. All Might's voice boomed into the room, his voice resonated in my chest. My eyes moved to the cops behind him, the guns pointing at our group of villains.
'Threaten All Might.' This voice sang to me, but once I opened my mouth black goo ozed out. I choked and struggled to breathe, my whole body was quickly engulfed in the warm goo-like substance.

I fell onto the ground gasping and coughing, my arm shook and twitched as the small amount of nerve endings tried to react to the panic filling my body. I turn my head up, my eyes meeting a scarred faced man. Shigaraki was talking to him, I slowly sat up from my laying position. Everyone else seemed a little out of it, still trying to comprehend what had just happened. My eyes were once again locked on the kidnapped blond, I moved to my feet and I felt this wave of intimidation hit me. My attention snap to the eyeless giant that was speaking to the 'boss.' I froze something about him made my blood run cold, I stood up slowly and dusted myself off. Everyone else followed suit a few moments later. No one spoke, I walked over to the blond grabbing his shirt. "You're so much trouble... more then it's fucking worth." I say through gritted teeth, my quirk activating. "Just incase." He quickly started to fight back, I released him and glared harshly. "I need a mother fucking drink." I groan walking over to Dabi, he looks down at me for a moment before looking back to the others.

Yelling, everyone was yelling and then a fight broke out. I stood to the side not wanting to get blown-up by the emotional teen. I could kill him where he stood but some reason I couldn't. He was just a kid, a few years younger than myself. I might regret this later on but that's for future me's problem. Everyone tried to overpower the explosion boy, that's when All Might lands about 20 feet from me. I panic and stand up straight locking my eyes on him. I feel a hand grab my wrist and pull me away from All Might. I turn and follow the patchworked man quickly, a portal was open everyone was walking through quickly. "Come on. We have to go." His voice was low with a slight shake to it, I didn't respond and only nodded. He pulls me through, we stood in a empty warehouse. The tension in the air was thick, no one spoke. But anger started to stir when that dry-skinned freak caught my eyes.