Chapter 22; Feelings Develop

I lay in the bed, my mind replaying the talk in my head. Was it truly possible that she was alive? Was she hurt? Was she scared? My thoughts never stopped, my eyes moved to the clock on the nightstand that shined a bright neon green. 2:56 was flashing in my face, taunting me at the sleeplessness I had. I slowly stood up being careful not to wake the patch-worked man next to me, he looked too peaceful for me to disturb. I made my way out of the room and into the fridge, I pulled out water and sigh deeply. I resisted the alcohol staring me in the face with temptation, I couldn't allow my to drink not with such an important rescue happening. I grabbed a cigarette and lit it ablaze walking out on to the balcony. The night was hazy with smoke thick in the air, the skyline was orange with the fires still being extinguished in the distant. I blow more smoke from my lungs trying to calm myself enough to sleep but I had a feeling that wasn't going to happen. My mind began to drift off with memories, memories I had tried to suppress. But being alone in the chilled air with the orange hues of the hazy sky brought me back. A pain began to tear at my throat, I held back the need to cry. I couldn't tell if this was sorrow or relief. My chest ached wishing for the tears to fall. I tilt my head up forcing my eyes not to leak the tears they wanted to. "I'll kill that son of a bitch." I chocked out, "Endeavor... is fucking dead." My voice losing the force at the end.

I heard a creak behind me and I quickly whip my head around my eyes meeting a very familiar pair. My head now being lower then it had previously been a single tear falls down my face. I didn't move, I didn't dare to speak. He stepped closer looking down on me, his hand moves under my chin as his thumb wipes the tear. My breath was caught in my throat, my stomach was to the floor. "If I tell you something... can you let me explain?" His voice was soft and wary, as if he was speaking of his own death. I could only nod looking up at his sapphire eyes. "But.. I want to be sure what I heard was correct... the hero that killed them was it Endeavor?" As the words left his mouth I watched this anger linger behind his eyes.
"Yes." I mumbled out, my eyes moving to the wall behind him. I listen to him let of a heavy sigh, the kind that made worry grow in my chest. "W-what's wrong?" He pulls away and leans against the glass door.
"He's... my father." He mumbled out, I froze. I didn't know how to react my mind began to run.
"Y-you're what?" I stare in disbelief.
"He's a fucking asshole, he abused and neglected me my whole life. It's not surprising to me that he did a coverup. He's a piece of shit that deserves to have his reputation destroyed." He spewed venom about his own parent so causally. I slight smirk spreads across his face. "I can't believe I met someone who may hate the flaming garbage more then me."
"I'm honestly shocked. I can't believe out of literally everything villain in this city I end up living with Endeavor's son." I laugh a little, I spark is lit in me. "Kinda the biggest fuck you to him, huh?" His smile grows and grabs my body roughly pulling me to him.
"The biggest fuck you." He then makes our lips touch.

The kiss grows intense, his hands holding me in place. The sensation made my chest flutter as his lips moved in sync with my own. Something about him drew me in and made me yearn for him. I moved my hand into his soft black hair only encouraging the behavior. His hands hold my hips, brushing my skin delicately. I didn't think in a million years that a villain could hold me so sweetly, with such care. We pull away my eyes half lidded as my breathing comes out in pants. His hands remain on my hips, he leans down and kiss my neck softly causing me to pause. I didn't know how to react, my mind was starting to fog. I wanted him with my whole heart.

Before I knew what was happening everything grew more passionate and lustful. I was tossed onto the bed, our lips meeting again quickly. Every movement made my senses want more. Our hearts beat as one, our thoughts were the same. His warm hands roamed my body with curiosity and excitement. My hands were hooked in his hair, not wanting this moment to end. The bed springs creaked with every movement, the quiet night air was filled with our passion for one another. I didn't know what time it was but I didn't care. The only worry I held was if I was good enough at this. I hadn't had sex for a few years, I hoped I wasn't too rusty at this. Everything was so good. He was so good.

A few hours passed and we lay tired and curled together. I wasn't expecting this and it made me heart melt, he was so warm and felt so comforting to hold. My eyes were so heavy and I couldn't bring myself to move an inch. His fingers brushed my shoulder gently, as I drifted off into a peaceful slumber.

...Dabi's POV...

I watched the drunk I hadn't expected to fall for, slowly drifting into sleep. When I had woken up and found her outside I wasn't planning on telling her anything or doing anything with her... but I did. Her sad face, Her attitude towards me upbringing, her soft body undermine made me want to keep her. It made me want to protect her. It was something I was ever expecting to feel.