Chapter Four:

*Wow...Wowee! This took like a freaking month to get it uploaded. Finally! I'm so sorry for the long wait on this story! This is published on July 26, 2021. If you guys like this story, don't be afraid to vote and comment! It would be greatly appreciated! The song used is called "Choctaw County Affair" by Carrie Underwood. Enjoy!*

Buster made a list of performances best suited for the talent show and a bed in his desk drawer for the night, taking his shirt off and shutting the desk drawer, not bothering to notice anything on the top of his desk. Admittingly, the desk drawer wasn't as comfortable as his bed in his own apartment but, at the moment, it kept him close and safe from all the world's problems. Having a long night, sleep came faster to him than a speeding train, letting him sink more into his dream state.

Dream:

It was only ten years ago that Buster was happy. Not happy like he plastered on every day to mask his emotions. But happy for something he never thought he would reach. Something that he thought would take more than fifteen years to reach. It would've taken fifteen years if it weren't for his father's hard work. Well, more specifically both of their hard work.

The cameras flashed as Buster was holding the scissors, smiling in pride. He flicked his bright blue eyes at his father, who gestured him to cut the ribbon. Although, knowing that this is a dream, he cut the ribbon. When he cut the ribbon, everything changed. The cameras were no longer flashing at Buster's face, the people taking his picture opening the theater were gone. The rain poured heavily as Buster noticed a familiar mangled body laying on the empty street. His once genuine smile was lost in the fear and confusion written on his face.

"Dad?" Buster uttered as he slowly approached the mangled body in the street. He reached his small paw out to touch his father's decaying corpse until a hand gripped him on his wrist suddenly. Buster gasped and looked to see his father being alive but decaying and melting in the rain.

"Why didn't you stop him?" his father uttered, his voice croaked.

Buster's tears were shown on his face. "W-What?"

"Why didn't you stop him?"

Buster didn't answer for a while, his eyes blinking at his father. "D-Dad--"

"You were...you were supposed to be on my side," his father uttered tearfully.

Buster began to struggle out of his decaying father's hold. "Wh-What are you talking about?"

"You were supposed...to be my child."

Buster was able to pull himself away from his father, ripping his arm out. The koala quickly threw the arm away from him and began to run back to the theater in the pouring rain.

Buster breathed heavily as he entered the theater and ran to his office, the safe space until he approached the doors to enter into the auditorium. When he opened the doors, water unexpectedly rushed right through the entrance, pushing the lightweight koala right up against the entrance door. It sucked him right into the auditorium while Buster tried to swim to the nearest surface to stand on. He's pushed down under the water while he screamed, letting the bubbles go and the water into his lungs.

Buster realized that he's wasting his oxygen by screaming under the water as he poked his head out of the water to breathe for one second. The koala was sucked right back under the water no matter how much his body was thrashing through the strong current to stay afloat.

"You're a mistake!!"

"You were never his, to begin with!!!"

Buster quickly waved his hand out of the water and grabbed onto something nearby. It's a balcony ledge as Buster was able to climb out of the water and onto the balcony. He fell onto the floor of one of the balconies, coughing up the water. When Buster looked back, he saw the water rising up quickly.