01

***

"The photos were posted, what's the next move?" her manager asked as she rustled papers around in an attempt to grab them. "Don't really have a plan, isn't that your whole job?" Lani shot back in rebuttal, only to receive a glare from her manager. "If you should know, I schedule things, my job isn't serving as your personal tour guide, and apprentice," her voice hitched slightly as she shuffled through the paper work that laid on her desk.

"Just saying mer, breaks are needed. I'm an influencer, but i don't have to spend my whole day stuck on my phone because of it," she slouched back into the leather seats that sat in Mer's office. "We have to keep you on your toes if you want the interactions to increase," Mer explained as she turned a file of paper work over to Lani who only looked up at her to receive a glare.

"Besides you just moved, you have nothing else to do out here," she moved a stack of papers to the side and looked up towards Lani, "you have to do something out of the blue, something you wouldn't normally do," Mer turned to her computer and scrolled through several invitations to events Lani had received and been failed to noticed about. "Party with those Tiktokers?" she asked looking over at Lani who immediately shook her head no.

"We don't have much choices, they invited you to a party, a dinner and what seems to be another party, you also have an invitation to a 24 hour charity stream," she read the emails aloud, the stream caught Lanis attention. "What sort of stream?" Lani asked out of sheer curiosity, her managers eyes flickered up towards her in a slight confusion but quickly went back to the email as she opened it.

"Some video game, minecraft," Mer squinted at the computer as she tried to read the email, "you were invited by someone called Dream. He even said it was weird to invite you but thought he would give it a shot," now Lani looked at her manager even more confused, usually it was just plans with influencers she could hardly stand but this was something completely different, a charity stream for a video game she hadn't heard of since 2016

"I like the sound of that, shoot them back an email tell them i'm in and let me know everything i need to make it possible," she jumped out of the seat and grabbed her purse wrapping it around her arm, "text me when they email me, i'm interested in this," she looked over at her manager who nodded in acceptance and watched as Lani left the office.

"And now for the rest of my day, renovations on the apartment," the new move to California wasn't something she thought she would ever get used to , but she knew when her manager said it was the best choice business wise she was right. California is the state full of stars aspiring to be just like Lani or even more then her, a bunch of souls travel around in hope of being accepted and praised by society's standards. Quite depressing actually.

Shaking her head clear she walked down the street, California really was taking time to get used to, it didn't really have the breeze like her home in New York had, and the sun never seemed to shine the same there. The only lucky thing Lani had gained from the move was the convenience of how close her bosses office is to her apartment. After what she believed was a ten minute walk she was now back in her apartment, she rushed to her room and changed into the most comfortable clothes she could find, her plan was to stay inside the rest of the day and focus on the boxes stacked around her apartment.

Cleansing her face she looked up into the mirror and decided to start unpacking with the smaller room and do her bathroom. The room she found her self most excited for was the room based for make up, and filming anything. She grabbed some of the smaller boxes from the hallway and began unpacking the small items and sorting out her bathroom to be the way she liked, and the way she preferred.

After unpacking the last box she heard her phone go off, or more specifically the ring tone she has set for her manager so she doesn't miss it. She looks up at the mirror one more time and panned around the newly decorated bathroom that had a simple black and white theme, she headed into her room and grabbed her phone to see a text saying that she gave the person her personal email so they could talk to her one on one. Lanis eyes widened, her manager hardly ever let her speak with the planner until the day of, she sent a small ok back and grabbed her laptop and fell to her bed opening up her emails.

To her shock she saw an email labeled 'Charity Stream" she opened it and read it.

***

"Hey Lani!
I know you don't really know who I am but I'm an influencer as well. But not in the same way as you, I do gaming content, more specifically minecraft content. I go by Dream on the internet by the way. This was a really random shot but I did invite you to be apart of the charity stream I'm hosting next thursday it's gonna be some friendly competition. Our goal is to raise money for the TREVOR project, a project that goes towards less fortunate lgbtq+ kids. Just email me back if you are interested I would love to talk more about it."

***

Something about the email felt so positive and pulled Lani in and made her want to do it. But she also realized she had never really played video games before, well not recently at least. She had over a week to learn the basics but she obviously knew she wouldn't win. But it also meant she could branch out and hopefully meet new people.

***

EMAIL CHAIN:

Replying to Subject: Charity Stream

Dream hello!! When my manager told me about this invitation something intrigued me about it, I would totally love to be included I just have one small issue with this, I haven't played minecraft since at least 2016, I have no clue how I can compete against other, probably good minecraft players. I also would need to get a PC. Where's a good place to buy one?

-

Replying to Lani

Im glad you decided to accept the offer, I can help you out with the whole being rusty and have a few friends who would be willing to help out. Also do you have discord? We can maybe work the whole PC thing out over a call.

-

Replying to Dream

I haven't used discord in so long! But my user is lanidelrose#9175 super basic.

-

Replying to Lani

Just followed you!

***

author speaks:
first chapter, hoping i
don't dump this book halfway
through.

the first chapters
are