13

***

All he heard was a loud bang, he jumped out of his sleep and began to look around for what caused the noise, as he looked around he stretched his arms out. Even though he was exhausted and somewhere between hungover and still drunk he noticed it was bright out. He waited to hear a noise again, and then a few seconds later the loud banging was heard again. It was from his hotel room door, but he wasn't even sure what time it was, and who would be at his door right now.

He looked around the hotel room again quickly and got up to approach the door. He looked through the peep hole to see Alex and Clay outside. He quickly unbolted the door and opened it with a straight face as he looked at them. "I don't even know what time it is and you're banging on my door," George huffed as he slouched onto the door using it for support. "You won," dream sighed, Alex nodding in agreement.

"What?" he asked, his head tilting slightly in confusion. "You're trending first," Dream laughed, turning his phone to show george. As George began reading it, his eyes widened. Paparazzi caught him and lani walking back to his hotel room, he began rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. "So what happened?" Alex asked, George quickly moved and let them into the hotel room, he walked into the kitchen and the oven clock read 7:30am. "How are you guys back to normal?" George asked, in an obvious slump. "Coffee, now what happened with lani?" dream asked.

"Just took her back to her hotel room, we were both drunk and she just needed some help," George lied, looking at his friends as they looked at each other. "We should go say hi to her to be honest," Alex suggested as he nudged dream, "yeah we should, she's pretty cool," dream now nudged George, but he quickly flipped dream off. "I'll see if she's up," dream took out his phone and began to look up her contact, george's eyes widened when dream clicked onto hers.

He didn't wanna stop them but he knew they might hear her phone ringing. As Dream went to make the call, George grabbed his phone, "okay i lied, she's sleeping in there," he pointed to the closed bedroom door, and dream and alex looked at one another. "Wait, what?" Alex asked, he looked at the door and back to dream. "She's here, right now?" dream asked, looking at George with a confused look. "Didn't have her room key i think," George shrugged as he grabbed a blanket and wrapped it around his arms.

Alex and Dream looked at each other, a confused look on both of their faces and they quickly turned back to george. "That's interesting, we gotta go though, the panel starts soon," dream chuckled as he turned on his phone to show George the time. "Yeah just give me a minute, let me get ready," George stood from the couch with the blanket still around him and walked into the room.

His eyes immediately met lanis as she looked up from the bed. "How long have you been up?" George asked awkwardly, rubbing the back of his head, "two hours i think," she responded sitting up from the bed. "You didn't think to come out?" he asked looking at her as she yawned. "I was gonna and then the door opened," she responded, stepping out of the bed. "Well I have some things to do, what do you wanna do?" he asked, sitting on the edge of his bed as he watched Lani walk towards the mirror. "Let's all go to breakfast, what time does your panel start?" she asked as she took her hair out of the bun atop her head.

"It starts at 11, and you gotta stop at your room first, how about we meet down stairs in like 40 minutes," george fell back into the bed, having the blanket still around his shoulders. "Yeah we can do that," she walked up to the bed and sat next to where he was laying, "can I have your phone?" she asked, he quickly sat up and looked at her. "Uh why?" he asked, his head tilting slightly, "i'm gonna give you my number," she responded holding her hand out in front of him.

He looked at her with a small grin and passed his phone to her, she looked up at him and smiled slightly but began typing her phone number, she passed it back to him and stood up. "You can make the name yourself, i'll see you in like an hour," she waved goodbye before stepping out of his room to see the two boys on the couch.

They all couldn't help but break into laughter, she just flipped them off as she left. Next mission was to find her room, she wasn't sure where she was, she looked around the mostly empty hall, she began walking and looked at her phone. It was dead, no use to her so her next idea was to walk to the lobby and find out from
there, her head was sore and she began rubbing the spot she had hit the night before.

As soon as she entered the lobby she was met with multiple paparazzis taking pictures of her, she was quite confused, she looked homeless. What was so important?  She looked down at her outfit and immediately realized she was wearing his merch, "thanks George," she mumbled under her breath as she walked up to the front desk. "Can you just tell me what my room number is, i'm Lani Delrose, checked in yesterday morning," she threw a small smile at the lady who sorta realized what was going on behind Lani.

"Lani! Lani! Can we just ask you a few questions!?" Lani turned around to see the camera directly in front of her, "doesn't seem like I have a choice," she mumbled, "Are you with George? Does Andre know about this? Did you stay with him, we all saw you leaving the club last night with him."

Her jaw slacked slightly at the questions, "way to ease into it, but no i am not with george, no Andre doesn't know because he has no right to, and we left together but that's it nothing more he walked me to my room and left," she waved him off and looked back at the woman. "W207, good luck," Lani thanked her and walked away.

***

"Delrose that better be you," Mer huffed as Lani quietly closed the door. "It's me," Lani rushed to a charger and put her phone on it, "i cant talk much, I have breakfast to go to," Lani quickly rushed into her room, and heard mer coming in hot behind her.

"Delrose, I think you should do the whole flirting with george thing, it's helping you so much, you trended on twitter with more then four hashtags last night because you left with him," Lani looked up at her with a shocked expression. "How?" she asked, "you guys were spotted by paparazzi leaving together last night, but this is a good business move, don't actually get attached though Lani, we can't have that it will not work, strictly business."

Lani nodded, what else was she meant to do, Mer knew what she was talking about and if this was the best route then it should be one Lani takes. "What if he gets attached?" Lani asked, already slightly doubting doing this, "let him off easy and keep pushing, we don't have time for this," mer walked out of the room and lani just sat down, not sure what to do.

***

authors note:
hello!! don't hate lani
she just doesn't know what's
right or wrong but she will
eventually