07

***

lani🧝🏽‍♀️|lanidelrose
good morning twitter, can't
believe im awake right now

lani🧝🏽‍♀️|lanidelrosegood morning twitter, can't believe im awake right now

💭6785♻️4567❤️89.6k

|
|
dream|dreamwastaken
goodmorning ma'am

lani🧝🏽‍♀️|lanidelrose
good morning dream

|
|
George|GeorgeNootFound
this was kinda lame

lani🧝🏽‍♀️|lanidelrose
ok

***

"This just in you have a party to attend tonight," Mer said aloud as she entered Lanis apartment. Lanis head quickly turned to her manager as she quickly walked towards her, "what do you mean a party," lani huffed as she watched mer take a seat on the couch. "I mean a social gathering with drinks, friends, exposure and pictures. It's not really that hard to comprehend," mer looked up at lani as lani gave her a distasteful smile. "Is there an issue delrose?" mer asked as she gave her a side eye.

Lani sat up straight, looking at her manager quickly, "no not at all just give me the information for it," lani gave a hopeful smile as her manager nodded at her. "Are those gaming people still interacting with you?" mer asked as she began to scroll through lanis twitter. "Yeah actually, and they are my friends now and i wanna work with them more i think," lani watched as mer looked ip at her with a confused look. "The fans seem to sorta like you and that brunette boy," mer responded watching as lani looked away quickly. "Who? George?" Lani asked, "yeah him," mer responded.

"Oh that's not like that at all, that's weird," lani quickly brushed it off as mer just nodded at her. "Well it's a semi formal, mini dress is what i would suggest but do you ever listen to my suggestions?" she looked at Mer with a grin and left for her room, she could hear Mers rapid typing as she sat on the couch, Lanis new mission was to find a new outfit and hopefully not hate this completely.

***

"It starts in 20 minutes and we are just deciding to take picture really," mer huffed as lani looked over at her from the vanity she was sitting at. "It's nothing, it's a get together i'll be fine," she waved her off and watched as Mer got up from the couch and headed out of the apartment, "you got ten minutes," mer rolled her eyes as she walked out of the apartment.

Lani wasn't sure why Meredith always chose to be stuck up, she was very professional and that was always something Lanis mother never failed to point out after lani replaced her with meredith. She did have a point to say the least. Lani knew she had life pretty easy and people would kill to be in her spot but the idea of a laid back life without millions of eyes on her always seemed to be a thought to her.

After taking a few more pictures she got up and straightened out her multi colored dress and ran her hands over her gelled down hair for a feeling of safety, she grabbed her chosen bag and headed out the door. Walking down the halls she never failed to notice the looks even though her apartment building was crawling with well known social media influencers but she never cared to have conversations with any of them.

Walking out the building she saw Meredith parked outside, and now obnoxiously honking. Lani stuck the middle finger up at her before approaching the car. "Any longer and I think I would've fired you," Mer teased, lani looked over at her with an amused grin. "Whos even at this that I know?" Lani asked, she watched as Mers eyebrows raised slightly, "well Sarah's there," mer scratched the back of her head nervously as she broke eye contact with lani.

Lani felt her face tighten as she looked over at her manager, "i told you i'm not doing anything with Sarah anymore," her voice was filled with a slight shock that Meredith would put her in that situation, "gabbys gonna be there, and jenny," mer looked over slightly at lani to see a slightly pleased grin. "This is going to suck," lani huffed as mer stepped on the gas and headed for the get together.

***

The night was falling and Lani was having as much fun as she expected to have, the party was too stuck up to be actually fun, no one was really dancing. She took a sip of what she believed was her 5th margarita of the night, if it wasn't for the delightful taste of them she was sure if she would have actually survived that party. Everyone had their own small groups, gabby and jenny seemed to disappear in the blink of an eye, and Lani had a small gut feeling that Sarah was the set of eyes she felt staring at her.

Nonetheless she finally stood up from the comfy seat at the bar and headed over to one of the tables Jenny seemed to be amusing. Jenny looked up at her with her sparkly brown eyes and gave her a welcoming smile, "we were just talking about you lani," jenny looks around at the rest of the group as they nodded in agreement. "That charity stream really did well," one of the guys in the booth said aloud. "Yeah it did, it was a fun new experience outside of my usual comfort zone," lani responded with a small smile, she was too many drinks in to want to be talking about work, was that just a constant theme in her life.

Shaking her head clear of her thoughts, lani looked up at jenny with a devious smile. "I think it's time to get this shit started," lani cheered, she watched the small group match her energy and within seconds the party seemed to go from a two to a ten as shots lined up. The music seemed to get louder and the people who were once awkward finally looked as if they were enjoying themselves.

Two hours had gone and went and the party seemed to finally be at an all time high, a memory lani might actually consider sharing as she was too gone for everything not to be 10x funnier.

The music rung through lanis ears as she met people at the bar to take shots with, she looked around at the group of individuals to see Sarah's blue eyes, she quickly grabbed her shot and took a step back from the group as she took the shot, she turned around and found herself getting as far away as she could.

She felt a slight rush of adrenaline flow through her as she rushed for a door, her mind racing with a million thoughts after she saw sarah, she felt a small drop in her chest as she looked around the empty California streets, and for once they were empty she could hear a tumbleweed pass if given the chance. Her heart was racing as she looked down at her phone, her vision was fuzzy and everything seemed to double.

Her phone began ringing and she squinted hard to see who was calling her, she couldn't make out the contact but decided to answer anyways, "hi," lani mumbled, her voice slurring slightly. "Hey Lani," a familiar voice lingers through her ear. "Hey hi, who is this? i cant read your name right now," she took the phone away from her ear and put it on speaker as she tried to find Merediths contact.

"It's Clay, are you alright?" lanis back straightened out as she realized who was on the other end, "oh Clay, hey i'll call you later i gotta go feed the," she looked around at her surrounding and seen nothing but a small pond, "feed what?" dream asked,  "uhm the ducks, i have to go feed the ducks, i mean my ducks yeah i have to go feed my ducks i'll talk to you later," she quickly panicked as she hung the phone.

The next second she knew it she was in the passenger seat of Merediths car driving back to her apartment, and not really sure if she had went straight to bed when she got home.

***

authors note

random ass update
hate this chapter tho