05

***

Lani couldn't help but laugh slightly at dreams response. She scoffed slightly before responding, "so you're telling me that him being an asshole was an attempted flirt?" she thought back to the call as dream figured out a response. It seemed harsh, it was confusing her to say the least. "Well maybe yeah, i don't know i can't tell you what goes through george's head, he doesn't do the whole emotions things," dream responded before stifling a laugh.

"Well it was still rude," she crossed her arms and listened as dream began to laugh even more. "Stop being a pouty baby, you have a tournament, and you suck get to work," dream huffed sarcastically. Lani rolled her eyes in a response as dream gasped, "did you just roll your eyes at your mentor?" she could almost sense his hand grasping at his chest as he dramatically gasped. "Should I just go back?" lani asked, dream hummed a second before thinking of a response. "Well yeah, i don't think i should train you because other players might think you have an advantage so you should go to your team," lani listened and did as dream said leaving the call she joined the call with george and alex.

"She's back," alex smiled, "i told you she would, i'm always right alex," george smirked as alex began laughing. "Keep talking," lani huffed egging him on. She watch as george choked for a second before sitting up. "Is he a pretty boy?" alex asked aloud, george and alex began to flutter their eyelashes causing lani to break and burst out laughing. "Okay maybe she's got a sense of humor alex, i may be wrong about her," george cocked a brow and alex did the same as they both began laughing. "What you gotta some kind of character analysis on me georgie?" lani teased watching as george's porcelain skin flushed slightly out of embarrassment.

"Don't call me georgie," was all he mumbled in response. "Georgie has a good ring to it, right quackity?" lani asked, egging on her act towards george. "I think it sounds great actually lani," alex flipped off the camera as george rolled his eyes. "And about the character analysis you're just more difficult to read i guess," george awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck as he looked up at the computer. the call fell silent for a minute before alex suggested practicing.

***

"You aren't actually that bad!" george exclaimed after 4 long hours of the same exact thing over and over again. "It's been hours, my eyes are burning," lani huffed as she rubbed her eyes smudging her make up. "You gotta get used to it, we have 24 hours of gaming coming up in three days, and we have money to raise," alex replied pumping up the energy of the call.

"You wanna keep going?" george asked aloud, lani quickly replied yes while alex declined the offer. "You gotta go quackity?" george questioned, "yeah actually i have that stream with jack," he responded. "Okay then so lani wanna stay on the call and we can go on hypixel or something?" george wasn't exactly sure how awkward this would be but maybe it would make it easier for them to talk to one another. "Yeah I'll do that, it was good talking to you alex," lani waved at the camera, alex waved back quickly before leaving the call.

"So is the asshole thing all an act?" lani asked, she noticed george's eyebrows raise slightly, "what do you mean by that?" he asked, his head resting on his perched up elbow. "Well the whole little act you put on for alex, that was an act right?" lani questioned, leaning back into her chair, his expressions practically readable. "I wasn't being an asshole, i was just expecting you to be more stuck up," george mumbled, his voice lowering towards the end of the sentence. "So because i model and i'm an instagram influencer i'm supposed to automatically be stuck up?" lani scoffed.

George quickly sat up straight, "i just wasn't expecting you to be likable i guess, i was shocked you even responded i told dream to invite you but i didn't think he would," george openly admitted before stopping himself short and covering his mouth with his sweater. "You're the reason I got invited, thanks," lani smiled slightly dropping her more aggressive tone. "Yeah I thought it would be cool, didn't think i'd get stuck with you though," he rolled his eyes playfully causing lani to stick up her middle finger before they both broke out into laughter.

"You're lucky to have me, i'm super funny and crazy good you saw my skill," she found herself slightly enjoying the conversations with him, "yeah you're prettttty average," he said rolling out his words with a large grin. "Oh shut up," she huffed, flipping him off again. "What was your first thought of me?" george asked as he rested on the back of his gaming chair. Lani began thinking, what really was her first impression, "well before you started talking you looked really nice, you know sweet and happy. But then you opened your mouth and you were kind of a asshole," she began chuckling soon after as george did the same.

"You know i didnt mean it," george chuckled, "it was your bad boy instincts?" lani teased, "oh shut up," he flipped her off and they both began laughing until it fell into a comfortable silence. "I think it's time for me to go george, isn't it late in the UK?" lani asked, "yeah actually," he rubbed his head, "just about 4 am," he said with a stupid grin. "Go to bed georgie, goodnight," she went to leave the call before he could respond. "Don't call me george-" and he was cut off leaving lani to laugh a bit.

***

@ GeorgeNotFound

george
don't call me georgie
or i'll call you
what's you're full name

lani delrose
my full name is lani

george
that's annoying
i'll call you land

lani delrose
go to bed

george
no.

lani delrose
also land???
really??

george
laniwany talk to me

lani delrose
that's worse georgie

george
laniwany

lani delrose
maybe your dickheadness
isnt an act

george
it's a special show just for you.

lani delrose
gross

george
:(

lani delrose
goodnight georgie

george
are you going to bed?

lani delrose
no but you are

george
me and dream have synced schedules
unless he's sleeping right now my eyes will
not be closed

lani delrose
synced sleep schedules?

george
yeah me and my best bud he's in florida i'm
in london, five hour time difference, it's only
1 am for him

lani delrose
that's unsettlingly sweet

george
it's just so we can work together, you
talk to dream?

lani delrose
yeah we call sometimes, he helped me a lot
this week

george
has he shown u his face

lani delrose
no wtf 

george
okay good just making sure he didn't
show you first.

lani delrose
question
why didn't u expect me to be likable?

george
oh uhm
idk u seem like u would be mean

lani delrose
i look like a bitch?

george
i didn't say that
u just weren't what i was expecting
but like u said it's late i should go to bed
goodnight land :)

lani delrose
🤨
goodnight georgie :)

***

author speaks:
and now they get along
but in the sense of they bother eachother
and play jokes

i love love love this book and
i'm obsessed with writing it

have you ever made a friend
through video games?