03

***

A few days had passed, and the buying of the pc was successful so she was officially in the charity stream. It took her hours to set up, she didn't wanna ask dream for help so she found herself watching numerous youtube tutorials . "Put your PC together in 30 minutes my ass," Lani huffed as she got up from the floor and looked over at the newly built pc that ended up taking 4 hours due to no information about it to begin with.

She now found herself confused on how she was going to transport it to her desk. The black case around it made it appear that it would be easy, but Lanis cautious self took her time slightly moving it inch by inch to have the least damage done possible. She didnt blow $1,500 to mess it up the first day.

Her theme on her set up was black and white, matching her room and her aesthetic of a modern look. All she had to do was sort out the wires now and she was done, it was a simple task when all she had been doing recently was sorting things in her apartment.

The mass amount of boxes now slimmed to only a few more, and those were mostly in her what would be glam room, and her actual bedroom. The rest of the apartment was now fully furnished. She quickly sent a picture to Mer who still mad comment to her for taking on the charity stream. Mer sent a thumbs up and Lani took a seat in the new gaming chair she was recommended.

She turned on the PC and slid on her headphones while quickly signing into her emails, she also logged into her social media's and her discord, she figured out how to download minecraft, making sure she got the version dream recommended, she made a mojang account. Being a social media influencer helped her grasp onto things faster, and she hoped that would come in handy for the whole gaming thing.

She also chose her skin for minecraft, it was a dark skinned girl with a mushroom hat, and an oversized sweater with a mushroom on it with high rise socks. It was cute, not so much like Lani style wise but she was still happy with her decision. She finally bulked up the courage to send dream the text saying she was ready to start her ... training?

After trying to figure out what to say she simply just called him, and if he didn't answer that would be the universes way of saying she shouldn't reach out. After it rang a few times she got weary, but after one more ring she heard his voice, "hi lani," she could hear his yawn short after. "Oh sorry is this a bad time?" Lani asked, completely forgetting about time zone differences. "No, no you're good, is everything okay?" Dream asked, his seat readjusting in the background.

"Well actually, I'm on my new PC right now, with minecraft downloaded, and a new minecraft skin," she could almost hear the smile that appeared on his face. "You wanna start training?" he asked. "That's also another thing," lani mumbled.

"What even is this event?" she asked aloud, no longer mumbling. "Well to break it down, you're gonna find out your team in a few days through twitter and when that all happens the objective will be released. But basically you will be on a minecraft server with almost 17 other players. 6 teams of 3, and I'm not gonna be playing but i'm choosing the teams and I've already figured yours out. Back to the objective, you guys are all gonna fight to get to the end first, and defeat the ender dragon, catch is.. one person in your team dies, you all die. The viewers on twitch or even youtube can donate money to give you certain items. It will go for 24 hours, when a team wins, they choose a charity of their choice and I donate $5000 to the charity and we start again and whatever team raises the most money will be rewarded, and all the money made through donations goes to the trevor project."

Lani sat back into her chair as she processed the news she had just received. "I better have good team mates, who will just make me do nothing so we have a chance at success," she huffed, she was definitely gonna be the downfall of the team.

"Well let's get started then Lani," dream responded, she could hear his mouse clicking.  "We can just start up a survival world and go from their, start with the simple basics."

***

They had been on for way longer than they had planned. The game came back to her pretty quickly, she got used to the simple controls only the smaller, less used controls were the ones she had trouble with. They had successfully even beat the game once, but without dream seriously carrying her she didn't think she would've ever done it.

The ender dragon was easier then she expected, but she also ended up dying so many times which she knew wouldn't be good for her teammates at all, she dies they die and they have to restart and find there stuff again. "We can go on Hypixel and you can work on your pvping, and building," dream said, their conversation flowed causally as they tended to compare their social media influence and talk about the things they didn't like about it and the moments they looked forward to most.

It was easy to talk him, it was like talking to someone she had known for years and it was the fastest she had ever felt like she comfortable with someone. He was so much like her, the way they viewed certain topics in social media was so similar and just the way they grew was also in relation it all happened so fast for both of them.

"It's just the way I've had so many controversies over things I can't even put into words. I knew social media was tough but it absolutely kicked my ass at my peaking point," dream chuckled as they played yet another game of bedwars, lani strategically following him along the bridges he built, her fighting wasn't completely horrible, she wasn't technoblade but she didn't completely suck.

"This is the first out of character thing I've done in a while, my last thing was switching to instagram which helped me grow so much, i'm hoping this could possibly go somewhere beyond the event," lani replied, she tried to keep the conversation flowing while also not throwing the bed wars game. "Well anything can happen, i feel like you and your teammates will be a pretty good trio," dream responded, his chuckle completely noticeable even with his best efforts to cover it up.

"Can I have a hint?" Lani asked, she heard dream hum for a second, she looked at his in game character as it was idle. "Okay let me think, they are both really nice and are a popular duo on twitch but not just for their minecraft game play, they also don't get along on that role play server thing i told you about," dream responded, he knew she wouldn't guess it, she knew nothing about the smp and hardly even knew minecraft youtubers.

"That did not help me at all, thanks," she huffed sarcastically as she began spam clicking her mouse as the last enemy fell off the bridge giving dream and lani the win. "That's the point, but i have to go to bed, i'll talk to you tomorrow lani...goodnight."

"Goodnight dream," lani responded before a yawn escaped her lips. "My names actually Clay by the way, but yeah you can call me dream it's easier," dream responded with a slightly awkward laugh. Lanis eyebrows raised, "well then.. goodnight clay," she left the call after and simply headed to bed.

***

authors note:
dw george comes in soon
ik ur all waiting for it..

also ik you guys missed these
almost daily uploads:)

i'm gonna be active on this
story mostky bc of my interest
in it, new update on my foolish
fic hopefully tomorrow!