The Green Eyed Monster Within

The engagingly quiet day was totally idled out, with his arms tied around his back and Lotus-like eyes gently darting themselves towards the most sunniest window, Kanha stood there almost unbothered with the rhythmic happenings around him

"Did you hear about Viranth ascending the throne of Karusha?" He spoke in an harmonic overtone, which might have looked like he was talking to himself before Dhriti's soft chuckle echoed the silent corners of the room.

"You knew I was here all along?" She warmly smiled, ushering herself further.

"Chanchala's presence would never not cross my mind." His voice smiled within itself as he didn't turn around.

"Yes, I did get informed about Viranth ascending the throne out of the blue and right now, I hold no pleasure to pay any heed to it. But why do you ask?" Dhriti started off with a smile, leaning further to have a look at his face.

"Nothing actually, I got informed about a news which was not about and against me after soo many days so I thought I would let you know too but maybe the queen knows just anything eveything before the rest of the world does." He replied with a fascinated smile up his lips.

"Oh come on now who dares to talk and plot against you? Let's hope no one. Not after they know what happened with Viranth, Chitraksh and Dantvakra." Dhriti complacently chuckled, putting a hand on Kanha's hand.

"There is one. Shishupal. If you remember about the promise I made to his mother, Shrutashrav." He wiggled his brows.

"Yes, I do remember about it. A very unsettling promise you've made for a person who deserved a punishment ages ago." Dhriti shrugged in a playful undertone.

"As you should! I had told you the story while you stole some Makhan for me from the kitchen. And did I mention you were angry on me?" He teased with his prominent smirk.

"Yeah, yeah. Good old days. Did I mention that now we barely get any time together?" Dhriti mimicked him with a squint, lightly laying her head on his tall stature.

"Maybe we -" Kanha's soothing melody was interrupted by a loud thud echoing in.

"Eh... Bua! This piece of cotton attributes noting to my appearance." Shatanik stomped in.

"That's a Janeu, Shatanik and its not supposed to cheer up your already handsome look either." Kanha chuckled patting his back.

"Are you speaking the truth Kakashree?" Shatanik flashed a cheeky grin.

"Undoubtedly I am. Why will I lie?" The older one smiled back.

"Ofcourse he is! Sure!
Also, Shatanik, now don't try to break loose of the Janeu. It's supposed to stay wherever it is." Dhriti bent down at his level, adjusting back his pleated clothes.

"Then if it's not doing anything for my appreance, then why do I wear it?" Shatanik pouted at her.

"All Kshatriyas and Brahmin men are supposed to wear it around their bodies. Reminder : You are a Kshatriya Prince too so you're supposed to do the same. End of topic." She giggled back.