The Parchment of Suspicion

"

"....So what really made you visit Dwarka?" Kritavarma turned is gaze at Viranth as they took a way back to the palace.

"Narayani Sena's Senapati, aren't you?" Viranth questioned as Kritavarma nodded.

"Then you must be knowing the commanders of other armies as well." Viranth continued, partially questioning Kritavarma.

"With the armies we have fought against, obviously yes." Kritavarma answered, happy with his own spontaneity.

"Then you must be having a slight idea as of why we've been sent here." Viranth smirked.

"Sent here?" Kritavarma perplexingly mumbled before someone else's call diverted his attention, as he approached the voices, revealing them to be a group of young soldiers.

"Yes, what is it?" Kritavarma agitatedly asked, his voice slowly fading away as the group continued their faint discussions while Viranth paced around, waiting for Kritavarma to return as his eyes took in the surroundings.

"Wasn't Senapati ji supposed to be with you, Yuvraj?" A royal messenger walked up to Viranth.

"Ah, yes yes he is. Just busy with some other soldiers so I decided to stroll around." Viranth smiled, noticing a scroll in his hands.

"You had something important to inform?" He raised his brow.

"Um....Yes. Actually, I wanted him to convey this message to Maharani Dhriti." He explained, raising his hand holding the scroll.

"I can do it, only if you don't mind. I'm anyways heading towards the Palace." He tactfully uttered his words, forwarding his hand.

"Thankyou Yuvraj. The sender said it was important for her to read the message inside as soon as possible. Glad you'll hand it over to her right away." The other one genuinely thanked, taking a leave.

"Hm....Important message. If this is about Jarasandh and his ploys then this message should never reach your Maharani." He evilly smiled, hiding the roll behind his Angawastra as he heard the footsteps of Kritavarma approaching.

"Sorry about that.
So where were we? Yeah, you were talking about the one who is, I mean was sent here.
Magadh's senapati Chitraksh. Am I correct Yuvraj?" Kritavarma gained his own momentum over the things.

"I've come here to free him. Things looked clear for furthering the matter if he would've been given a death sentence, but Dwarka's beloved Maharani imprisoned him instead.
Isn't that more of a turmoil?" He intrigued.

"I don't think I have any right to raise a voice against something which is not related to my position and when it comes to Dhriti, I don't even feel there is any need to oppose her descisions, they never go wrong." Kritavarma proudly explained.

"I see how you're subdued and suppressed here, Kritavarma. Don't you ever feel like being the free bird?" Viranth went on, much to Kritavarma's irritation as he sensed a cold tension in his words.