♡ ︎Bookstores at Midnight ♡︎

Inspired by a TikTok

The form of your sleeping body was seen in the darkness, your breathing making your chest lifting up, and slowly falling down

A dark figure opened the door and closed it, coming closer to your sleeping body. "Dark shadow, I don't think this is a good idea, I don't want to wake her. She seems so peaceful." The figure said. "I know, but it'll be so boring without her! Just wake her up Tokoyami!" Dark shadow whined and Tokoyami sighed. "Fine, fine. Just, quiet down."

Tokoyami bent over your peaceful body and shook you slightly. Tokoyami gently shook you awake. Your eyes shot open, a little scared. You jolt up and your eyes get used to the dark, you look beside you to see Tokoyami's head resting on your bed. "Tokoyami..? What are you doing in my dorm?" You ask wiping your eyes. "I, uh, had a question." Toko muttered as you got up, laying your face close to his. "What's up Fumi?" You ask kissing the boy's forehead.

"Would you like to go to the bookstore with me?" Tokoyami asked as you looked over to the clock, it reading 12:21 am. "Tokoyami... it's like, midnight." You whined and as Tokoyami stroked your hair. "I know." Tokoyami stated. You puffed your cheeks and then chuckled. "Only if you give me coffee~" you sang. "Of course my dear." Tokoyami whispered and you sat up. "Okay, lemme just throw on some clothes." You say nudging Tokoyami out of the room.

Tokoyami stood there patiently, and turned his head towards you when he heard the door open. You were still in your pajamas but with a jacket on. "Are you sure you don't want to dress into something more.. suitable?" Tokoyami asked folding his arms. "I was too lazy, plus, aren't I cute in these?" You winked striking a pose. "My dear, you are the cutest thing that has entered my life, pajamas or not, I think you are very cute." Tokoyami stated, wrapping his arms around your waist. "Fumi! Thank you!" You hugged him. "And I think it's very cute of you to say that." You pecked his beak.

"Like I said, I am not cute. I'm literally the incarnation of darkness." Tokoyami grumbled. You just laugh and pull away. "Whatever you say 'dark lord'." You say in a flirtatious tone which makes Tokoyami's feathers fluff up in embarrassment. He tries to pat them down, but they keep fluffing back up. Tokoyami sighs. "Okay, let's get you that coffee."

You both walk down the dark streets, only a couple lights flickering on the streets. You yawn while holding onto Tokoyami's hand. "If I don't have that coffee soon, I think I'm going to pass out." You muttered. "Don't worry my dear, we should be at the coffee place shortly." Tokoyami assured, rubbing your hand with his thumb for reassurance.

You two finally made it to the gas station, Tokoyami picking up your favorite coffee drink. You both walk out and continue to the bookstore. You take a sip of the coffee and sigh. "I can already feel the energy rushing through my veins." You sigh in relief. "Oh dear, last time you said that, dark shadow and you got into a pillow fight war." Tokoyami sighed, thinking back to the chaotic memory. "Well don't worry, I'll try to stay calm. Maybe." You give Tokoyami a mischievous smirk. Dark shadow came out. "Yes! We can throw books around and cause a rampage!" The shadow evilly laughed.

"I was just kidding!" You laugh. "I'm too tired still, training was really difficult." You say which made dark shadow pout. "Hmph, whatever." Dark shadow whined. "Next time dark shadow." You promised. "Why don't we make it never?" Tokoyami grunted. You and dark shadow laugh a bit.

Soon enough, you were at the bookstore. It's a little rinky dink bookstore with books piled everywhere, but it's the only bookstore in town that is open 24/7.
You and Tokoyami also came to love this bookstore, since this was where you and Tokoyami would hang out here the most together before and after dating.

The person at the register of this bookstore groaned. "Why do they have to make this bookstore open 24/7? Nobody even comes in here at night besides homeless people!" The lady groaned while slumping over the desk. The women jumped when she heard the chimes on the door ring, the lady sat up to see you and bird head.

"You two again." The woman stated with a sigh, she wasn't too surprised, they are very regular costumers, especially at night. You and Tokoyami bowed in greetings then walked off to the back. You both grabbed the books you two left off from last time and sat at the table in the back, right across from each other. Tokoyami handed you a airpod, you popped it in while Tokoyami put in the other piece.

A/n: side rant, does Tokoyami have ears??? Or does he have the ears of like a bird or something??? I dunno.

Tokoyami turned on the reading playlist mixed with your music and his. Once the music turned on, you both began reading.

After a bit, Tokoyami longed for your touch, and couldn't even focus on what he was reading. Tokoyami looked up to see your eyes grazing the page you were on, humming to the music and swaying your legs. Tokoyami sighed, admiring your features. You noticed Tokoyami staring and made eye contact with him. "It's not very polite to stare." You smirk. Tokoyami's head shot up, and just looked away in embarrassment. Tokoyami stayed silent, he kept glancing over to you.

You looked back down to your book and ignored his glances, seeing what Tokoyami will do. After a bit of you ignoring Tokoyami, Tokoyami needed your touch. So Tokoyami reached his hand across the table, opening and closing his hand, gesturing you to hold onto it. You look at Tokoyami and his hand, intrigued. You sigh, releasing one hand off of your book and placing it in Tokoyami's.

Now that Tokoyami had the pleasure of your warmth, Tokoyami focused back onto his book. It was about an hour since you guys got there, Tokoyami was enjoying his book very much. He got to a good part with a poetic meaning, Tokoyami looked up to see if he could read it to you. Tokoyami smiled to see to see your resting face, breathing softly while sleeping.

Tokoyami got both of your books and set them back on the shelf, he came back to you and picked you up, bridal style. Tokoyami has been working on his strength, and now that his arms were stronger, he can finally carry you. Tokoyami started walking out of the book store. "I'm guessing you're not buying a book, again." The lady presumed and Tokoyami nodded. "Thank you for letting us read." Tokoyami bowed while walking out. The lady was frustrated that they didn't get anything, but smiled at the cute scene. "I'm so old." The lady cried.

Tokoyami walked down the streets as you nuzzled your face into his chest. Tokoyami flushed a bit and smiled, the smile dropped when he saw you shiver. Tokoyami was bout to call dark shadow, but Tokoyami noticed that dark shadow is already above his shoulder. "Y/n seems cold." Dark shadow stated. "Yes, can you please warm her up?" Tokoyami asked and dark shadow nodded.

Dark shadow squished in between your arms and you were now cuddling dark shadow. Tokoyami felt a little jealous, seeing your comfortable smile smother into dark shadow. "Don't worry Tokoyami, I'm all yours at the dorm." You mumble, sensing Tokoyami's jealousy. "I love you." Tokoyami whispered. "Love you too." You mumble before falling back to sleep.

♡'・ᴗ・'♡

2021, August, Monday, 2